Lets see some SCT livewire mounts..... I need ideas 08' PSD

tbsimmons

Reaction score
I hated mine also so I got an Edge Insight. It is the older one. The problem I found with the Livewire is how the connection comes out the bottom. If you come up with something please post it up. I like all the parameters it will show compared to the Insight.

3brorce

Reaction score
Agree. Comes out of the OBD the left. Almost be better if it went to the right. I think that it is nice going to the side so that it is not so awkward and noticeable but it would be hard to route the wire from the left, all the way back to the center of the truck

WoodBoy

Reaction score
Mine is as far in the top drivers side corner as it can get, tucked the wire down the column

3brorce

Reaction score
Do you have a picture of it? I wil probably put mine in the same spot. Have much cord to spare?

WoodBoy

Reaction score
I dont have a picture bud, Jeff had a picture of his dashdaq, mounted in the same location. Starting at the livewire, i took my cord, ran it behind the dashdaq, then between the visor and roof, it hugs around the visor hinge, then i tucked it under the rubber seal from there all the way town to below the dash then over to the OBD port, i acutally dont think i have any slack left but i dont recall.

GTOKILLER

Reaction score
I found a center mount that goes above the rear view mirror but its $70 & I still dont know if it will fit & look nice?

Looks like I might just make a mount underneath my trailer brake controller since my truck lacks the center cubby down there for some reason.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
You could make a mount and put it on the change holder thing that is at your right knee when you are sitting in the driver seat. The cover comes off of it. Taht way when you remove the Livewire, put the cover back on and no screw holes. I have a little CB mounted right there.

3brorce

Reaction score
Someone has to make a OBD cord that goes to the right instead of the left to make that job even easier. The cord is probably 50 bucks too

GTOKILLER

Reaction score
Ill look at the change holder idea.

The 90* OBD is a good idea Im going to begin searching, keep us posted if someone finds one!!

oneturboforme

Reaction score
Get that plastic mount for like the same size edge and fiberglass it into the pillar up top or down lower... I know they even make them already made for the 6.0s but not sure about our 6.4s

Trapn 6.0

Reaction score
Something temporary you can do is cut a piece of plexy glass to fit suction cup, then get some of the 3m picture hangers. The super strong velcro kind, cut to fit then you can put it lower out of the window. And when your done you can just pull the strips off so its a clean removal.

6.4psd916

Reaction score
I wish the cord came out the back instead of the bottom of the lw . That's what makes it hard. Feel like im gonna break it

Latest posts

Members online