Let's talk brakes..

PyroFighter

Reaction score
Truck is needing a brake job.. What have you guys tried and liked or didn't like as far as pads go?

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
I know it's not a 6.7 but on my 6.0 I went with new rotors from power slot and hawks super duty pads and loved them. And when my 6.7 needs breaks I plan on doing the same thing to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bair

Reaction score
I know it's not a 6.7 but on my 6.0 I went with new rotors from power slot and hawks super duty pads and loved them. And when my 6.7 needs breaks I plan on doing the same thing to it

Agree 100%. My brothers truck we used to go through rotors like stupid, with his gooseneck and skid loader. Switched to powerslot and hawk pads and that was the last set of rotors we put on. Used powerslot on everything ever since.

UpstateDieselGuy

Reaction score
I tried them on my 6.0 and didn't have good luck. They warped and weren't very impressive. I ended up putting a set of oem from ford on and never looked back.

Chris

PyroFighter

Reaction score
I had literally no break dust with my hawk pads and powerskots, and I was heavy on the skinny pedal and break pedal and towed heavy all the time

Did you get the drilled and slotted rotors?

Buck1

Reaction score
Like Upstate, my experience was less than optimal with Powerslot rotors. I had a set on the old truck and they warped as well, guess 30k miles. Had Hawk pads and no complaints there. Went back to normal Azone replacements. Running Azone/Napa "good" stuff on my truck now and no complaints.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Buck1

Reaction score
Mine were only slotted as well. Read/heard somewhere you don't want drilled on a daily driver.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

NY_Mott

Reaction score
I have drilled and slotted rotors from Chris bent, really like them buy dislike my hawk pads. I get a squeal all time time under light breaking
I thought they just needed time but its been a month and still lots of squeal at light break. Now if I really get on them they bite well but I hate the noise...
No real break dust.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

smokinstroker

Reaction score
I have drilled and slotted rotors from Chris bent, really like them buy dislike my hawk pads. I get a squeal all time time under light breaking
I thought they just needed time but its been a month and still lots of squeal at light break. Now if I really get on them they bite well but I hate the noise...
No real brake dust.

Pull apart your rotors and pads, give them a good scuffing. If you need me to walk ya through it feel free to give me a shout.
That usually comes from a glazed rotor or pad.

Hawks are known for low dust, which is a plus.

Thanks for the good words. Haven't had a complaint yet on those rotors.

UpstateDieselGuy

Reaction score
They were awful. I spent a lot of coin on them and they warped and went to crap. I called and they wouldn't do anything warranty wise. I was livid. Went to the ford shop and got new brakes for the front ad they were smooth as glass and never had another issue.

RedRice589

Reaction score
I had powerslots on my 6.4 and OEM pads iirc and they worked great but they got glazed lol and squealed lol but no complaints truck stopped great even loaded with no trailer brakes.

sledhead_24_7

Reaction score
On the subject of brakes has anyone tried Stainless Steel Brakes rotor, caliper, pad kit?

I have been curious about them for a while, but have not needed a set of brakes, so no need to try other arrangements from stock.

Sorry if I derailed this one a bit.

RSK

Reaction score
so the general consensus is if your just looking to replace warped stock rotors and want a little more bite, less fade and warping powerslot slotted rotors are the answer for better braking on the cheap side.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.