Lifted truck rides super rough!

mbreaux05

Reaction score
Fox 2.0's seem to be really nice shocks for the money, we just put some on my dads truck and it helped the ride out quite a bit. The Icont 2.0's are nice as well. It depends on what your budget it on how far you want to go but a 2.5 shock sure is nice I couldn't believe the difference going from icon 2.0's to Icon 2.5 resi's

Is his truck lifted or stock height?

I'm not sure if it was the bds kit as a whole on my f150, or the fox shocks that made it ride so good, but it was awesome!

I saw fox has a 2.0 factory series resi, a 2.0 performance IFP, a 2.5 factory series resi, and a 2.5 factory series resi adj.

Not sure which would be the best?? I mainly see the 2.0 performance for sale on after market websites. And it seems that it is their only "performance" shock. Not sure if any of the other I have listed would be the better option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WHY NOT

Reaction score
My dads truck is stock height but plenty of guys run them on lifted trucks. The best will be the 2.5 adjustable resi shocks but you will be looking at 600+ a piece for those. I just read some where in the vender section a few days ago that those should be out soon. Another option would be to take that kit off while it is still pretty much new sell it and buy a little nicer lift such as a bds, icon, carli etc etc

mbreaux05

Reaction score
Yeah not looking to spend that much $$. I'm going to keep the lift I have. Dealer installed so it's covered under my warranty. Looks like the 2.0s or 2.0 resi is my price range.

mbreaux05

Reaction score
Question: once I change the shocks, will I need to get another alignment?

truckman1974

Reaction score
I have King shocks on mine and they ride awesome!

I'm glad to see you say that the King shocks ride great. I just bought my truck and it was just delivered.....but it'll be about 8 months to a year before I get to drive it for the first time! (Deployed Army guy)...

The guy I bought it from says it rides great though...

mbreaux05

Reaction score
So I think I have it narrowed down to the fox 2.0 IPF for $129ea. or the Icon VS 2.0 for $169. If you have experience with either, I would like to know your thoughts.

Thanks

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
Another option would be to take that kit off while it is still pretty much new sell it and buy a little nicer lift such as a bds, icon, carli etc etc

:whs: I'd never buy a new truck with a lift and crap. Rather save the money that they charge you for it and put a BDS, carli, icon or PMF lift under it, and the wheels and tires I want.

Yeah not looking to spend that much $$. I'm going to keep the lift I have. Dealer installed so it's covered under my warranty. Looks like the 2.0s or 2.0 resi is my price range.

Just wondering, where you from bud?

mbreaux05

Reaction score
:whs: I'd never buy a new truck with a lift and crap. Rather save the money that they charge you for it and put a BDS, carli, icon or PMF lift under it, and the wheels and tires I want.

Just wondering, where you from bud?

I'm from New Orleans,LA. Currently stationed at FT Polk, LA

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.