list of parts for 1000+

baderic03

Reaction score
A 1000rwhp 7.3 fuel only is way more respectable but you build a 7.3 for a 1000rwhp and ill build a cummins and we will see who has more money in there bank account after on fuel only. The FACT is it isn't worth it with a 7.3 I'm die hard ford guy and 7.3s my whole life but at the end of day you need to grow up and look at what is practical and what's a pipe dream unless you have a never ending trust found.. And there isn't one person who is going to argue that. And reliability is out the window with the 7.3

Last edited:

co04cobra

Reaction score
A 1000rwhp 7.3 fuel only is way more respectable but you build a 7.3 for a 1000rwhp and ill build a cummins and we will see who has more money in there bank account after on fuel only. The FACT is it isn't worth it with a 7.3 I'm die hard ford guy and 7.3s my whole life but at the end of day you need to grow up and look at what is practical and what's a pipe dream unless you have a never ending trust found.. And there isn't one person who is going to argue that. And reliability is out the window with the 7.3

Look I try and stay out of these pissing matches. BUT true DIE HARD FORD GUYS dont put cummins in their trucks. Like it was said earlier most people quit, or only half knew what they were doing when they start to build the 7.3. I agree 100% with pointacross on once you get up to these type of numbers there is no "saving" your bank account. The guy already stated the way he DID and didnt want to do it.

Also, Im not bashing on your build, but I want to see your 1000hp #2 only dyno run. You are not going to still have a streetable truck. Any type of trips towing, in town driving etc... Is out the window with your build.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score

Its statements like this that confuse me a little bit. It take a good chunk of change to build a competition level truck - just slapping some parts on a Cummins doesn't even cut it in the 2.6 class around here. The going rate for a professionally built and engine dyno'd 2.6 Cummins engine with pump and turbo is $45,000 (Dyno'd on an engine dyno to the 1100-1150hp area) to be competitive in the Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky area. The cost should be roughly the same for a 7.3 - with the exception that it actually take longer to get the parts that are engine specific, perhaps marginally higher, but none the less on the same order of magnitude.

baderic03

Reaction score
You can't do it with a 7.3 with a Heui setup it's mechanically impossible especially with a 2.6 charger it would need to be compounds on a 7.3. And my motor now ain't going for 1000rwhp I'm going for close to 800rwhp And I will never spray a motor...... My truck don't tow I have my Trans built for one purpose and it ain't towing

Good luck on the build if your money is that deep build a 7.3 and make 1,000rwhp on fuel only. I'm off this subject

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
You can't do it with a 7.3 with a Heui setup it's mechanically impossible especially with a 2.6 charger it would need to be compounds on a 7.3. And my motor now ain't going for 1000rwhp I'm going for close to 800rwhp And I will never spray a motor...... My truck don't tow I have my Trans built for one purpose and it ain't towing

Good luck on the build if your money is that deep build a 7.3 and make 1,000rwhp on fuel only. I'm off this subject

I wasn't talking HEUI.

baderic03

Reaction score
Oh ok hotrod if they ppumped it diff story but not Heui and its still cheaper for me to build a cummins to make way more power cheaper then a 7.3. Since everything is done in house. At the end of the day it's what you want the truck for mine is going to end up a strictly pulling truck and I want it competive so ill build a decent motor now and take my other block and build it all out

Strokersace

Reaction score

You're failure to read amazes me. You've mucked up this thread over and over spouting off about cumminGs, this and that. The op said in his 1st post that he didn't want to hear it about a cummins and also said there was no limit to what he wanted to spend. But yet you just keep throwing it down his throat! AND your statements are pretty bold about the 7.3 and frankly, pretty idiotic. With YOUR logic on the 7.3, you should try to get a job working for Gale Banks. You and him can go have lunch together and trash on the 7.3 and it's dead platform all you want.

THE GUY DOESN'T WANT A CUMMINS! LET IT GO!!!

baderic03

Reaction score
You're failure to read amazes me. You've mucked up this thread over and over spouting off about cumminGs, this and that. The op said in his 1st post that he didn't want to hear it about a cummins and also said there was no limit to what he wanted to spend. But yet you just keep throwing it down his throat! AND your statements are pretty bold about the 7.3 and frankly, pretty idiotic. With YOUR logic on the 7.3, you should try to get a job working for Gale Banks. You and him can go have lunch together and trash on the 7.3 and it's dead platform all you want.

THE GUY DOESN'T WANT A CUMMINS! LET IT GO!!!

Hey can't knock a guy that made millions on powerstrokes. And my knowledge is fine since im building a Ppump 7.3 for a customer now. But hey what do I know

Strokersace

Reaction score
But hey what do I know

Obviously not much since you can't read and respect the op's wishes!

Thought you were leaving this thread in post #36? It'd be better if you did. I sub'd to it to observe if it was possible. NOT get to hear another cumminGs "peter puller" that he needs to drink the koolaid.

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
Obviously not much since you can't read and respect the op's wishes!

And he was talking to HRT about how to make 1000HP on a 7.3 like HRT has no idea. (hopefully that comes out the way I want it to. Its late and im not putting in a ton of effort for my responses.)

Hopefully he just doesnt know he was talking to. Because Jason is without a doubt, one of the smartest guys on this board. Especially when it comes to building motors and pulling.

smoker00

Reaction score
And he was talking
to HRT about how to make 1000HP on a 7.3 like HRT has no idea. (hopefully that comes out the way I want it to. Its late and im not putting in a ton of effort for my responses.)

Hopefully he just doesnt know he was talking to. Because Jason is without a doubt, one of the smartest guys on this board. Especially when it comes to building motors and pulling.

like sad if Jason/ HTR Is willing give him a pm Ross he has pushed the 7.3 about as far as anybody can in the pulling.. he knows his stuff.

six.oh

Reaction score

Obviously it's way cheaper to build a cummins, but anyone can do that. I don't want to have another cummins pull truck. I want something different. P pump 7.3 is what it's going to be

baderic03

Reaction score
Obviously it's way cheaper to build a cummins, but anyone can do that. I don't want to have another cummins pull truck. I want something different. P pump 7.3 is what it's going to be

Good luck on the build. Deff worth it if you can afford it

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
I've seen plenty of people who claimed to know what they are doing, *** up customer builds. Actions speak louder than words.

True that. The key point being that you are "building", instead of "built". Once you accomplish this P pumped 7.3 and it proves reliable, than you may have some actions that qualify your words.

goodstktbo

Reaction score
Wide opens rail (wherever it is) should be making 1000 on fuel, 4 chargers on it tho (heui)

Latest posts

Members online