list of parts for 1000+

Jason

Reaction score
I think if people stopped giving up and throwing those delapitated reject motors into their fords, and explored what they can, and can not do...you would see the average 7,3hp rate climb. People reach a point where they jump ship bc its "easoer, or cheaper".

I will be the first to admit that I can not stand anything powered by a Cummins. I have two work trucks, a '02 24v, and a '06 cr truck, both manual transmissions, and i can not stand them. The trucks are pathetic to say the least, but the motors do not impress me at all. Terrible harmonics and resonance when driving down the road, neither one of them honestly pulls better than my tuned 7.3 did. I am not saying that truck had more power, but it would sit and chug in 3rd gear at 2600rpm and drag whatever i had behind it uphill, and neither of these two trucks will pull as good as that truck. Maybe its that broader powerband of those shtbox bigblock 7.3's?

Swap injection systems, and do it right, spend the coin right the first time, and you will not find yourself hooking a cherry picker up to pull that motor out again.

As that saying goes...if you cant afford to do it right once, you cant afford to do it again.

fatsix

Reaction score
I can't help but to think "john deere tractor" when the guys get on them while leaving work. Whole lotta noise and going nowhere.

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
If I had $20k sitting around I would of Ppumped my 7.3 truck but at the end of the day dollar for dollar it ain't worth it

No one cares for your "opinion" anymore. The op has gotten several great responses to his question. None have been from you.

I think that one day 1000 may be able to be had fuel only with a 7.3. But something within the injection system will have to change. A new way to moddify the injetors.(which I beleive is in the works by someone...) As well as tuning to go along with it. The smart ones here know a 7.3 can swing 5000 RPM's. Its possible. But fueling and fueling at that speed is ONE of the issues. Not to mention the engine itself has to be completely built to withstand it all. Filled block, billet rods, Girdle/bedplate, ECT. Lots of work and lots of money. But considering the OP understands the cost that is involved its a matter of just doing it. However, I beleive that a 800hp 7.3 is not comparable to a 5.9 making 800hp. The 7.3 seems to take advantage of the power it has a little better. Im not saying 800hp 5.9s are slackers(before anyone accuses).

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.