Little help

weazel

Reaction score
So to start off I am no 6.0 expert, but the people in Carson city think I am, they think my super slow truck is the coolest thing ever

But I have a later 6.0 with 69k miles that a dealer want to look at, no codes, idles/runs perfect, but it blows a fairly large cloud of white smoke on take off, it just had the EGR cooler replaced, and I did the test for exhaust gasses in the coolant, it passed, no puking, and to bed honest I'm stumped,

Any help would be great

Thanks, Mike

Sent from my fortress of awesome

ghohouston

Reaction score
nothings for sure, but id seperate the downpipe from turbo and check for oil. my moms 6.0 excursion had a turbo seal let go at like 60k miles, and was doing the same thing

slc dzl

Reaction score
Id put a gauge on the degas bottle and see how much pressure your cooling system is building.
ive seen trucks pass the test strip with blown headgaskets.

german154

Reaction score
Mine is doing the same thing...it's the worst on takeoff...but I'm also getting it at idle...would it still some at idle if this is the issue?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

german154

Reaction score
No mine is deleted...ive noticed that it smoke the most after long trips and when its low rpm...mine is a stick so pulling out from a dead stop it smokes until the turbo lights

Sent while I should be doing something productive

german154

Reaction score
Truck has about 35k on it since the delete just started doing this about two weeks ago...I have zero performance loss and zero drop in fuel mileage and no codes to go along...this may be unrelated but i think the throttle position is acting up because when cruise is set it runs fine when u turn it off it gives the truck a big surge like u slammed on the brakes, but if you accelerate past where cruise is set then turn it off, no surge. Could a bad throttle position sensor possibly be related?

Sent while I should be doing something productive

Latest posts

Members online