Looking for a new turbo

Dirtclod

Reaction score
Yep that's what I was thinking. I wanted to make sure I could use a turbo on this setup for stock injectors. Upgrading turbo later is easy.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
KC38r FTW!!!

The new KC38r. This is our version of the famous gtp38r but with a few tweaks… kind of like a 38r on steroids. This turbo spools great and makes awesome top end power. We have had multiple guys switch from their standard gtp38r and notice a big improvement.

Here are some of the highlights:

Rebuild able Dual Ball bearing turbo for quick spool up and reliability
Upgraded Billet 6x6 dual plane 66x93 compressor wheel
4” ported compressor cover with anti-surge ring
Billet Big Head Wastegate actuator for quicker spool and elevated boost control
Larger 76x70 high flow turbine wheel to increase flow through the turbine housing
High flow non-ebpv outlet flange included with every turbo. This eliminates the ebpv butterfly valve to increase flow and decrease egts
This turbo has shown to run well up to about 250/200s
Awesome turbo to tow with on smaller injectors
We offer both .84 and 1.0 versions depending on what injectors you have.

To buy a gtp38r and add a billet wheel, add high flow ebpv outlet, and add big head wastegate actuator would cost you around $1700-$1900 + shipping and even more if you pay a shop to get it assembly balanced all with NO WARRANTY because you modified the turbo. With the KC38r you get the best of all worlds with the best warranty and customer service on the market.

Feel free to send us any questions

[email protected]

ja_cain

Reaction score
KC38r FTW!!!

The new KC38r. This is our version of the famous gtp38r but with a few tweaks… kind of like a 38r on steroids. This turbo spools great and makes awesome top end power. We have had multiple guys switch from their standard gtp38r and notice a big improvement.

Here are some of the highlights:

Rebuild able Dual Ball bearing turbo for quick spool up and reliability
Upgraded Billet 6x6 dual plane 66x93 compressor wheel
4” ported compressor cover with anti-surge ring
Billet Big Head Wastegate actuator for quicker spool and elevated boost control
Larger 76x70 high flow turbine wheel to increase flow through the turbine housing
High flow non-ebpv outlet flange included with every turbo. This eliminates the ebpv butterfly valve to increase flow and decrease egts
This turbo has shown to run well up to about 250/200s
Awesome turbo to tow with on smaller injectors
We offer both .84 and 1.0 versions depending on what injectors you have.

To buy a gtp38r and add a billet wheel, add high flow ebpv outlet, and add big head wastegate actuator would cost you around $1700-$1900 + shipping and even more if you pay a shop to get it assembly balanced all with NO WARRANTY because you modified the turbo. With the KC38r you get the best of all worlds with the best warranty and customer service on the market.

Feel free to send us any questions

[email protected]
Seriously considering this turbo and feel that it could be a real game changer. After towing my dad's truck back from White Sulphur Springs, WV I finally realized that the truck needs more air to keep it cool. I basically drove by egt with it in the 80 hp GH tune. Some of the hills coming from there to Charlottesville are pretty nasty. Hell of a place to break down. He easily had 1000 pounds of cargo too. Probably 7000+ lbs back there not including what I had in the bed and cab of my truck. Truck had plenty of power but just couldn't keep the temps down even if I down shifted to 4th. My up pipes are leaky too so I'm sure that was having a significant impact.

d592c7cf758e8791a2b9b18e8b560585.jpg

Black Bear Lodge in White Sulphur Springs.

3747660419b112dd899e80347a466ab0.jpg

How would this turbo do with stock injectors relative to the stock turbo for heavy towing? I would assume the smaller housing would be the way to go since I have a zf6. I eventually plan to upgrade the injectors, but haven't decided what I want to go with as a next step. Really thinking smaller nozzle'd hybrids so I can move to 200% later on if I start trying my hand at tuning.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

hucorey

Reaction score
I does very well on stock sticks with the .84 AR exhaust housing. I have one particular customer running one on his snowplow rig and he loves it clearing parking lots. Charger spools quick.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

jbolen323

Reaction score
Get a kc38r verison, its worth the money for basic upgraded trucks and you can rebuild and plus it works better then the 38r i think. Charlie is local and a friend, but either way ive seen it in a handful of trucks locally from stock to mild built tow pigs, everyone is happy including myself. If i didn't have my setups in both my trucks id throw it in my personal setup.

rsater1

Reaction score
LOOK at the KC line.turbo.. rebuild able and a billet wheel and cheaper ....win win win

johndeerezach

Reaction score
So now I have to pull the trigger just got stock reman injectors so they are in for a while... new drop in I was lookin at the kcs does anybody run that "stg2" kc turbo

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Swaan

Reaction score
Stg2 that your looking at is prob a vgt. More of a 6.0L thing.

hucorey

Reaction score
So now I have to pull the trigger just got stock reman injectors so they are in for a while... new drop in I was lookin at the kcs does anybody run that "stg2" kc turbo

Charlie's site has the wording a bit confusing. He has it listed as STG2

But the .84 exhaust AR housing on the KC38R works very well with stock injectors.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

johndeerezach

Reaction score
That's probably what I'll do I have a borrowed stock turbo now until I get some side job cash

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.