Looking For E450 Trans Brake

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Like the title says, I'm looking for a GOOD E450 trans brake tail housing. Anybody have one? I'm going to use it mainly just to make my 4x4 trans work in the 2wd race truck, but I'm eventually going to go ahead and turn it into a trans brake for staging.

Barnhartal

Reaction score
what was the specifics on the one that didnt fit?
Ive got access to 3 ambulances that are being parted out. They should have trans brakes on em.

TjMiller

Reaction score
I have a parking brake that is mounted on the tail shaft housing from a e series bus conversion. Like you said it mounts up to a 4r100 4x4 output shaft. Is that what you need?

DZL JIM

Reaction score
Can you hook it up with an air cylinder to actuate the brake? Then dump the air when you launch?
Air cylinders are stupid strong and act really fast if set-up right.
Would only add the weight of the air tank to the truck. They don't take much air and you can refill in the pits if need be. Don't need on board compressor, the cylinders don't take much volume.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
That isn't the problem. The issue is the trans brake goes too far into the transmission housing and hits. It's too long by about an inch. I need a 4r100 brake that is shorter.

TjMiller

Reaction score
Brake I have is sitting in the bed of the bus waiting to go to the scrap yard. I took the trans for my van because it has the 4x4 out put shaft.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
It's 2.5" from the slip yolk to the sealing surface though isn't it. I think they're all the same. What I think I need is the trans adapter that goes between the trans and the brake.

Latest posts

Members online