Looney Tunes available

Dustball8504

Reaction score
I would love to see an independent third party take a truck to the dyno and run all the race files from gearhead, idp, RCD, And Viv and do same dyno, same day. Same set up and see what happens.

I'm game, I have Gearhead race and IDP XRace already. I could even do the Spartan 310 for comparison. If someone wants to float me an RCD and Looney tune I'd definitely do it.

BK39

Reaction score
Just a teaser photo of a street looney file. Check out the vendor section.

154530_10151082241045744_228163185743_13225444_1339116007_n.jpg

The only dangerous thing I see here, people buy these tunes expecting to get these mpgs, and then it doesn't happen. Then you have a sh!t load of mad customers on your hands. Like Triple said, no disrespect, but it'd be really hard to grasp one of these trucks getting this kind of mpg.

RescueF250

Reaction score
Which looney tune file is this? For the 6.4 correct? 559hp? What's the torque. Thanks Y'all!

Yes I believe so. We were working with a few members currently.

I would love to see an independent third party take a truck to the dyno and run all the race files from gearhead, idp, RCD, And Viv and do same dyno, same day. Same set up and see what happens.

Well she is showing up at the Dyno for Tony's Daughter so maybe folks will be around for that dyno. You can get some comparsions there.

I'm game, I have Gearhead race and IDP XRace already. I could even do the Spartan 310 for comparison. If someone wants to float me an RCD and Looney tune I'd definitely do it.

Dustin there is a raffle on the facebook post your truck picture and your name gets thrown into the hat. So far only seeing 4 trucks on there.

The only dangerous thing I see here, people buy these tunes expecting to get these mpgs, and then it doesn't happen. Then you have a sh!t load of mad customers on your hands. Like Triple said, no disrespect, but it'd be really hard to grasp one of these trucks getting this kind of mpg.

This picture was taking by the owner I believe of Southern Diesel Extreme, which Viv has contacted him and has asked him to come in and give some feedback. Thats why I stated in there if we can get true feed back to back it up great, if its off a little no big deal. Only way is to really get feedback is from the members and see how they feel.

Last edited:

Dustball8504

Reaction score
Dustin there is a raffle on the facebook post your truck picture and your name gets thrown into the hat. So far only seeing 4 trucks on there.

I don't have facebook lol. When does the raffle end? If I post a pic here can you post it up for me? I should have it out of the paint booth tomorrow or Friday so I can post up a good, clean shot for it!

RescueF250

Reaction score
Just made a thread about that, remember a few members didnt have facebook so look us up in the vendor section for the thread.

mombenz

Reaction score
Which looney tune file is this? For the 6.4 correct? 559hp? What's the torque. Thanks Y'all!

You can choose the file. Your options are economy, tow, Looney Street and Looney Race. I do have to say the Looney Race is a wot type of file. Although we have customers running it daily, it is not the most comfortable ride for daily driving. The 569hp was the original tune. Since then it's been tweaked and I believe todays version is a little more.

I agree with you and honestly, I can't promise anyone they will see even 14 mpg. If there is anything I am sure of is, every truck is different, every driver has his own driving style and preferences, every tech that flashes, repairs and maintains is different, the weather is different and driving conditions are different. The picture is one person's gauge. We are having the free 6.4L tune raffle because we want to hear from you.

I've been tuning with SCT since late 2004. I wrote my first 6.4L file in January 2010. We've sold a few files, mostly locally and people nationally that we've spoken with. We have customers running them since then and feel they are safe. We have not publicly offered the files, first, because we are very busy and I was afraid our customer service would suffer if we took on more. Secondly because the race file was not a comfortable ride. The Looney street is more daily driver friendly. We did much tweaking from race to street with Preston in Missouri. We have not lost much power from the race in the tweaking for more drivability but I know there is so much more we can do. As with the 6.0L, only with your feedback can we dial them in to the best of their potential. Anyone that has worked with me before can tell you, I have no problem tweaking to make them to what you are looking for.

Sorry for the sermon so early morning lol There is still more I can say but won't!

Thanks,
Vivian

Last edited:

earlz7360

Reaction score
08 f250 looney street tune

That picture is of my 08 f250 with the looney street tune.that was taken at 70 mph on the interstate.city driving average is around 25mpg.i also had similar results with my customers trucks running the same tunes.any questions you can contact me at [email protected]

TripleE44

Reaction score
That picture is of my 08 f250 with the looney street tune.that was taken at 70 mph on the interstate.city driving average is around 25mpg.i also had similar results with my customers trucks running the same tunes.any questions you can contact me at [email protected]

Did you hand calculate, or are you just reading the dash?

Latest posts