Loosing ICP pressure in any tune..

Jomax

Reaction score
Just finished changing the oil ( you never know...) the oil filter housing drain back valve looks to be working (no broken spring and slides nicely.

After the oil change, took it for a drive. Oil temp was 130 and in the 80eco, Pressure was holding 2500psi. As soon as it got to 190 degrees, pressure dropped to 2000-2100.. If I click it in the stock tune. 3100psi...... you would think if it was the hpop, pressure would be lower even in the stock tune?

But get this... at about half throttle getting on the freeway with the oil temp at 190, psi held 2600psi..

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Jomax

Reaction score
What did your duty cycles look like?

In the stock setting, duty cycle is 40% at WOT with 3100 psi. In any tune. Psi drops to 2000-2100 and duty cycle keeps going up, by 80mph duty cycle is at 80 and continues to climb pretty fast.

Jomax

Reaction score
Well, I bit the bullet and bought a brand new IPR and an adrenaline HPOP. Man is it nice to have a top notch vendor like Dennis, less than 45min away.. will be installing the IPR on the pump that's still in there first, and if that doesn't fix it. The adrenaline is going in. All this will be done in the AM.

Will keep you guys posted

Reaction score
Well, I bit the bullet and bought a brand new IPR and an adrenaline HPOP. Man is it nice to have a top notch vendor like Dennis, less than 45min away.. will be installing the IPR on the pump that's still in there first, and if that doesn't fix it. The adrenaline is going in. All this will be done in the AM.

Will keep you guys posted

Hopefully the adrenaline fixes it! I think you will be surprised.

Jomax

Reaction score
It has been in for 3 days now. Was testing it before i made a reply. I Should put this next issue i stumbled across while swapping the pump in the hate thread.. one of the mounting bolts stripped in the block... didn't even over tighten.. so out the pump went and had to install a heli coil. FUN

The adrenaline seems to have fixed the problem. its holding 2500psi at wot in the DP 80eco tune. Still not quite happy, but maybe I'm expecting too much from stock ADs? Those things are oil hoggers. I always thought, when i had stock injectors in my truck, that the reason ICP was low was poppet wear...I guess these ADs are the issue.

Below are graphs for comparison

NOW, no need for Adrenaline is better blah blah blah. the Terminator pump is a Modded pump, NOT a T500. They're not in the same class.

Attachments

• DP WOT ADRvs TERMv Graph.xls
    30 KB · Views: 47
  • ADR vs TERM 50%.xls
    32 KB · Views: 43

Jomax

Reaction score
Btw the Pulse width, move the decimal once to the right, when you're looking at the graphs. Some reason for the AE, it shows it as .45 instead of 4.5.

Latest posts

Members online