Loud belts upon cold start

Chris.v

Reaction score
Whenever I fire the truck up in the morning, the belts are pretty damn loud. If it's been raining out it's even worse. As soon as I start driving it clears up and stops. Truck goes in this coming Thursday, but I'm out of warranty as this is covered under the 60k warranty apparently. Any one have any suggestions?

Thanks

webb06

Reaction score
Whenever I fire the truck up in the morning, the belts are pretty damn loud. If it's been raining out it's even worse. As soon as I start driving it clears up and stops. Truck goes in this coming Thursday, but I'm out of warranty as this is covered under the 60k warranty apparently. Any one have any suggestions?

Thanks

Replace the belt? I think that's a pretty easy answer. Check the tensioner too and any other idler pulley

Chris.v

Reaction score
I know that's the Anwser, thanks for pointing that out. I just think that it's strange that it's already done at 64,000km.

Chris.v

Reaction score
Lots of idle time?

No, other then a couple minutes of warm up before driving, and maybe a minute of cool down before it gets shut off. When I did my Egr cooler delete I made an absolute mess of coolant everywhere, any chance the coolant could have dried out the belt? I did wash it all off.

webb06

Reaction score
No, other then a couple minutes of warm up before driving, and maybe a minute of cool down before it gets shut off. When I did my Egr cooler delete I made an absolute mess of coolant everywhere, any chance the coolant could have dried out the belt? I did wash it all off.

Ya sometimes coolant will definitely make a belt squeak. Unless it's power washed with soap after

RedRice589

Reaction score
Mine squeaks randomly... Only when first startup.... I've ignored it. Happened when I bought it at 17k miles and still does it at 104k miles.

Latest posts

Members online