Loud isspro EV2's

Pstroke96

Reaction score
I've had the gauges I. My truck for about a year now and it seems like Rey have gotten a lot louder. Whenever the needles are moving I can hear them chattering. It almost sounds like a clock but a lot faster. Is this normal or no? The gauges work perfectly otherwise. A friend of mine has them in his 6.0 and I don't hear his but I'm never in the driver seat.
Thanks guys

Pstroke96

Reaction score
They always made some noise but it seems like they have been a lot louder lately but if its normal Ill live with it

Radioflyer

Reaction score
Mine makes the noise when I first turn the key and then I can hear my egt gauge click when I'm letting the truck cool down. Done it ever since I got them.

SENT BY MAGIC

Radioflyer

Reaction score
Man for what they cost...I wouldn't want mine making noise

Just my .2 though

That's a good point. But even in my 6.4(typically more quiet in the cab then older PSD's) I can hardly tell. I can only tell when I'm really listening. But agreed that dropping the coin you'd think they'd be quiet. I still love them though. Easy on the eyes when driving at night.

SENT BY MAGIC

cfdeng7

Reaction score
I can hear my performax's if the radio is off with the windows shut idling, but if I'm driving or the radio is on I cannot. But even when.I can hear them u pretty much have to be listening for them. Its just a very faint ticking sound when the neddles move

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
I'd say it's normal. These gauges have stepper motors in them that are constantly adjusting for changes in voltage. That's what you're hearing.

cowboy_dan

Reaction score
I'd say it's normal. These gauges have stepper motors in them that are constantly adjusting for changes in voltage. That's what you're hearing.

BINGO!
I have one of the beta test fuel pressure gauges, and it's been like that since new. But it hasn't gotten any louder.

Latest posts

Members online