LP batmowheel exploded.

FreddyM

Reaction score
I would love to see the equipment the Ford dealer used to balance a turbo wheel.

He's a mechanic who has "access to a machine shop" but when I brought my truck to him the conversation was a little tense to say the least. I don't wanna point fingers and say it was improperly balanced........but......

tensixniner

Reaction score
How can you tell what happened first, the wheel exploding or the shaft breaking?

Do you have any pics of the broken shaft?

09stroker

Reaction score
I wouldn't call that an explosion at all. Looks like the damage was from it spinning on the housing after the shaft broke. Still has me worried though.

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
utezeveb.jpg

Big Angry Hillbilly

Reaction score
We have a machine shop on site at my shop, I am fairly certain we couldn't balance that wheel/shaft assy. I will ask one of the guys in the machine shop tomorrow. We routinely build (gasoline) race engines that turn 8000+ rpm so I would say that the machine shop guys got balancing figured out.

FussGus

Reaction score
I have been toying around with the idea of getting batmowheels but should I be worried about doing this now? With some of you guys talking about getting them balanced, can I not buy them and stick them in?

Mpoage

Reaction score
I have been toying around with the idea of getting batmowheels but should I be worried about doing this now? With some of you guys talking about getting them balanced, can I not buy them and stick them in?

I wouldn't waste my money on them. There's just not enough of a gain to justify it Imo.

StockCar#10

Reaction score
How can you tell what happened first, the wheel exploding or the shaft breaking?

Do you have any pics of the broken shaft?

Well if the turbo was balanced (if) the snapping of the shaft it a sign of speed...wether in the for of barking the turbo, or actually overspeeding the turbo due to boost leaks an pushing it out of its map, psi test your charge air system?

Beans71086

Reaction score

Here is elites testing of the atmo turbo upgrades. Looks like the batmo is going to get you around 40hp, but there are significantly more gains to be had with the other 71mm atmos. So it all depends what your looking for and how much you wanna spend.

These tests were done on a truck running 60hp nozzles, just so ya know.

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums...C-9DCE-EFBE6C6CAD1E-4837-00000294762FEDAB.jpg

Powerstrokeracing

Reaction score
Had the same exact thing happen to my 6 leaker with a batmowheel, absolutely grenaded. Destroyed the housing, IC boots, cracked my intercooler. And left me stranded by myself with no cell service. Couldn't pay me enough money to run one of those again

FreddyM

Reaction score
well i found a set of brand new turbos for 1600 from ford so I'm gonna slap them in there, decided to keep the truck for now, drove a f150 ecoboost for a week and i just can't do it, nothing compares to a super duty!!!

Latest posts

Members online