Mad Max Turbo????

brownbros-ben

Reaction score
Is any one out there running the "Mad Max" turbo from Mad Turbo Werks? ( its the 66mm one) I originally ordered in the hybrid turbo from them , but it came in damaged, so after talking to Adrian , I decided to get the bigger one(and he must have felt bad for the other turbo being messed up as only wanted a couple dollars more to upgrade)

I am just wondering how everyone likes them, and how they are working. What they are running for injectors with it (I am planning 190/75).

And finally how long did it take to get it as I got the hybrid in Aug, Waited to talk to him , sent it back and he received it on Oct 16 , , I currently still have not received the new turbo back yet. only messages saying parts are coming /parts are in etc...
I am just glade I didn't take the truck apart and still have a extra stock turbo to run on it ...

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
Had set back with the turbine wheels, for the Madmax but now have them in, will be getting it out tomorrow for you. Not many Madmax turbos out there yet, but the ones that are out gave me positive feedback.

Chatham036

Reaction score
I am running one of Adrian's 66mm turbos on stock injectors.
I upgraded to this one from his stage 1 because I was wanting a turbo that had a better offering for the top end.

The madmax is a powerhouse. With the stage 1 and water meth I could easily hit 495 rwhp. With this one I would be very surprised if I didn't pick up at least 30 to 40 hp over the stage 1.

If all goes properly at work today and we are able to get caught up on orders, I plan to toss this truck on the dyno to see exactly how much stronger it is.

Jay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brownbros-ben

Reaction score
sweet!!

I laid down 446hp on stock injectors just tuning , 466hp on tuning and 155/stock tips ,
cant wait to see where the mad max turbo and 190/75 injectors put me..

Last edited:

brownbros-ben

Reaction score
How does it feel and running going down the road any lag as only stock injectors?

do you think the 190 s are going to be to much for the mad max? only asking as I just got the email back about my turbo and he said to stay with what I am running now...
but before the 190/75 were suppose to be a good match...

kTm520

Reaction score
I ran 190/100's with a pmax so his mad max should be a good combo

Dlinzy

Reaction score
I'm running 175's / 75's and it is at least 50% stronger than the Hybrid with same sticks.

Literally you can run 10% throttle - barely even feel the pedal at 70mph 3 -4 psi boost and 1900 rpm's with 37's and pass anything on the highway within 100 yards.

It can hit 90 from 70 so fast you'll be on the Brakes before you can expect it.

Denny

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
How does it feel and running going down the road any lag as only stock injectors?

do you think the 190 s are going to be to much for the mad max? only asking as I just got the email back about my turbo and he said to stay with what I am running now...
but before the 190/75 were suppose to be a good match...

Misunderstood your question on the PM, you asked how big injectors you could go with madmax if you where to get another truck for towing and such. I thought you already had the 190/75 in the truck, and where thinking about going bigger. I ran the Madmax with full fuel race tune and 225/75 injectors, cleaned up just fine, in fact just 80 degree hotter then the stage 4 at WOT. I like air more then fuel so that's why I said to stay with the 190/75. I explained all this in PM but just wanted everyone else to know.

brownbros-ben

Reaction score
thanks you pm set it straight , it was very informing on the different injector size levels
I going to be running the 190/75 but keeping the sticks I have now incase I need them for e testing pass

C4 6.0

Reaction score
I'm assuming this mad max would be the 6.0 Powermax you list on the website correct adrian?

Dlinzy

Reaction score
text him at 412 926-8091 in the evenings, he works nights and sleeps in the mornings to noon.
Tell him Denny sent ya.

brownbros-ben

Reaction score
Update to this- I dynod the turbo with 190/75 Warren injectors on Eric Innovatives Diesel extreme street tune and I laid down 596 hp 999 tq. but ranout of fuel pressure, so I just ordered a1000 and filter setup. I plan to redyno later this summer so I will update later.

brownbros-ben

Reaction score
its a little smokey on the street . wide open its a little more then heavy haze , at the truck pull. look me up on facebook I videos on there . I don't know how to post them on here. Benjamin Brown in Frankford Ontario , just message me
I will try and figure out how to post a video on here too.

Latest posts

Members online