May have destroyed my locker

stacked6.7

Reaction score
So once and a while while driving my truck and going around a sharp corner there has been a clunk in the rear. Not every time but once and a while. So I jacked it up today and took the diff cover off and found some small broken pieces. All the gears look OK from what I can tell. But I don't want to tear into it any further without the parts to replace it. Anyone have any ideas of where to get the parts and what to get? I tried calling Ford but they didn't seem to have a clue what I was talking about. I'm assuming it's the locker that is ruined. But not really sure what it looks like inside that carrier.

Last edited:

stacked6.7

Reaction score
Here's all the pieces I found. And where can I find more info on the trutrac?

Attachments

• IMAG0133.jpg
    IMAG0133.jpg
    776.9 KB · Views: 286

stacked6.7

Reaction score
I'm hoping it's just the locker I destroyed. I looked the best I could and all the gears seem to be in good shape. But I didn't tear it apart to far to see what all the pieces are from. There's not much info out there on them. Depending on the price it would just be nice to replace what is broke. But I think a truetrac will be 550-600. So that's tough to beat.

stacked6.7

Reaction score
Any recommendations on where to get the true trac? I'll probably order one next week. I'm also assuming I'll need some shims and bearings to install it?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Any recommendations on where to get the true trac? I'll probably order one next week. I'm also assuming I'll need some shims and bearings to install it?

gimme a call. and no , unless you're pulling the ring gear as far as i know, no shimming , nor bearings because you aren't touching them. at least in my last (3) 10.25/10.5's i haven't needed to.

jcain

Reaction score
With the metal carnage you found, a master install kit to replace the carrier bearings, pinion bearings and oil slinger would be peace of mind.

stacked6.7

Reaction score
Haha well there was an number of burnouts and the fact that the rear was locked for over a year. So it's had a hard life at 67K miles and probably pushing 600HP. I'll just add it to the list of parts I broke!

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
Haha well there was an number of burnouts and the fact that the rear was locked for over a year. So it's had a hard life at 67K miles and probably pushing 600HP. I'll just add it to the list of parts I broke!
It was locked for over a year? You shouldn't need to lock it for burnouts

sqrlgtr

Reaction score
Another vote for a tru-track just installed one about a month ago and don't know how I lived without it.I can't even tell its back there intill I need it.i broke one tooth off of pinion gear and wouldn't have even knowed it but speedo quit(got tone ring).no more one wheel burnouts here.:thumbsup:

sqrlgtr

Reaction score
Tru-track all the way here dont know how i lived without it.broke a pinion and got tone ring also just went ahead and installed tru-track while I was in there.no more one wheel burnouts for meee.:thumbsup:

Latest posts

Members online