Mileage drop

woodsman

Reaction score
Just replaced the high pressure crossover line, ICP sensor, number eight injector and put on a Bean's D66 turbo. Prior to this it was leaking oil (hpx), had a slight miss and got 17-20 mpg. Then the turbo went out and I replaced the above items before driving 2500 miles cross country. I saw anywhere from 11-13 mpg with no load. Any ideas why? It runs pretty strong, max boost is 28 PSI and it trips a SES light on full throttle runs.:confused:

woodsman

Reaction score
Fuel filter drain got dirt in it and stuck open, that AC condensation drip? It was diesel.:doh:

goodie85

Reaction score
not to thread jack but I have a little tick if you will, that sounds like an exhaust leak kind of but I'm pretty sure its a boost leak? how do you check for boost leaks?

woodsman

Reaction score
I'm not convinced that was it. I'm still hovering around 13 mpg when before I saw 18-20. Goodie has a good question, how does one check for exhaust or boost leaks?

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
not to thread jack but I have a little tick if you will, that sounds like an exhaust leak kind of but I'm pretty sure its a boost leak? how do you check for boost leaks?

I had a tick this weekend.in.mine Nd.ended up being an exhaust leak on my passenger side uppipe at the exhaust manifold

Sent from my EVO 3D on the East Side

Latest posts

Members online