Mileage on newer 6.7s...

Tiha

Super Moderator
Super Mod
Reaction score
My boss at work just ordered a 22 and they told him August of this year. He is pushing me to trade my 14 for something newer.

Hard decision I found some 16s with less than 20k on them. the 17+ i am not convinced but looking at an 18 platinum now. Just doesn't seem like there is much to gain going from a 14 lairat to a 17+ lariat or platinum.

paid $45 for my 14, 5 years ago with 40k miles on it. Trade in was at $35k on this newer model.

Loaded 16 vs loaded 18. What am I gaining besides an additional $10k in upfront cost? I just don't see it. 360 camera? lane departure? I think that is it.
Same fuel mileage.

PDT1081

Reaction score
My boss at work just ordered a 22 and they told him August of this year. He is pushing me to trade my 14 for something newer.

Hard decision I found some 16s with less than 20k on them. the 17+ i am not convinced but looking at an 18 platinum now. Just doesn't seem like there is much to gain going from a 14 lairat to a 17+ lariat or platinum.

paid $45 for my 14, 5 years ago with 40k miles on it. Trade in was at $35k on this newer model.

Loaded 16 vs loaded 18. What am I gaining besides an additional $10k in upfront cost? I just don't see it. 360 camera? lane departure? I think that is it.
Same fuel mileage.
Live in the rust belt? The bed floor of my 13 is ventilated from rust. That would be a large gain to me with the 17+.

ToMang07

Reaction score
I'm about to just say **** it.

Called 2 dealers, got 2 different stories.

First didn't seem interested in a $70,000 sale at all. Basically said "Order off the site, if it doesn't list it, you can't get it."

Really?

Next one wanted me to come in, said they can still order most of the options no longer online, however you have to order in the next few days because "they're closing ordering on the 22s"

Called Ford... they basically said "we defer to our dealers" when it comes to options. They said 23s aren't slated to be available TO ORDER until October. And wouldn't answer if the options (that have been removed from the build and price website) will be available or not.

Not gonna lie, considering the price tag, and lack of interest and cooperation.... I'm pretty disgusted with the whole damn process.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

dsberman94

Reaction score
I looked around last year as I was contemplating trading in both my current trucks for a new gas 350. Absolutely nothing good in Pennsylvania, New York, or anywhere else I looked in the north east. Texas had everything I was looking for on lots for sale as I’m sure most of the south does. Prices were better too. This was when I was getting phone calls to buy my truck but they had nothing to offer me once I sold them mine.

ToMang07

Reaction score
I'm only ordering exactly what I want. If I'm paying $70 grand I'm not settling.

And there's not a lot of CCLBs around.

ToMang07

Reaction score

*pukes*
Screenshot_20220330-104145_Gallery.jpg

Tiha

Super Moderator
Super Mod
Reaction score
I just bought a used 2016 Platinum. 18k miles on it. $61k. To find something newer. 17+ I felt like I was scraping the bottom of the barrel to find a truck as nice as what I have.
with the 2016s I could pick the very tippy top of what is out there and still spend less money.

Now my 2014, hmmm 6.7 excursion maybe in my future?

ToMang07

Reaction score
I just bought a used 2016 Platinum. 18k miles on it. $61k. To find something newer. 17+ I felt like I was scraping the bottom of the barrel to find a truck as nice as what I have.
with the 2016s I could pick the very tippy top of what is out there and still spend less money.

Now my 2014, hmmm 6.7 excursion maybe in my future?
That's one of the reasons I'd rather just buy new and get what I want. Most of the used ones I've seen are just as expensive, and those are far and few between. Besides I need to sell my current truck first. Hopefully I can move that now and start saving cash, I'd like to keep the loan as far under $60k as possible.

Black AOD

Reaction score
2022 F350 CCLB SRW, 3.55 gearing, stock tires. about 17-18 MPG combined driving but more highway than city. I run about 75-85 MPH highway.

Straight highway I'd get 20+ MPG all day easy.

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
Just returned from a 2100 mile trip to Florida. Using the cruise and Eco mode averaging 75-80mph truck computer said 19.4 average. Fuelly said 18.4 combined mileage for trip. Bed had our luggage, stroller, and cooler of beer. Very impressed with this truck and the ride was very comfortable.

Latest posts

Members online