Mini Maxx Boost Reading 0 at times? EGR delete ? as well...

farmboy

Reaction score
I just put my mini maxx on a 11 6.7 last week. I noticed at times the boost gauge works just fine, and at other times it does not and it reads 0 no matter how much boost I am making. Does anyone know what the issue is?

If I unplug the MM and plug it back in it works.

Also, I haven't done a EGR delete as Rudy's (or maybe it was H&S, I can't remember who I talked to) advised agains it until I am out of warranty and have no intentions of ever returning to stock. So I don't have a pyro reading... How important is it to have a pyro? Also, am I safe just running with the tuner turning the EGR off and not running block off plates?

Lastly, what are some good SAFE defuel levels? I don't drive hard very much, but sometimes if a buddy is with me I may do a 0-60 or 0-80 run out in the country.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
the pyro reading is literally 20 minutes and 1 pipe to remove. it can be swapped very quick. its not an egr delete.

sagebel

Reaction score
The tuner will turn off the EGR. Did you unplug the two orange connectors for the EGR when you loaded the high sulphur tuning?

dseitler

Reaction score
On mine if I have power to it all the time I have to push the up bottom on the right hand side if I cycle the key to wake it up. It will not read boost or Rail Pressure correctly. Also it's like a stock tune. If I switch it to key on it will work every time. You can change this on the small box on the power cord.

Last edited:

farmboy

Reaction score
The tuner will turn off the EGR. Did you unplug the two orange connectors for the EGR when you loaded the high sulphur tuning?

I am aware it turns off the EGR and yes I unplugged both the orange connectors.

Stangr8cr

Reaction score
Like bigrpwr said, 20 minutes tops for the egr blockoff. And unplug the two orange connectors unless you want to replace your egr valve should you need to return to stock for any reason, I just did this. While not a huge deal, it was still $175 bucks I could have saved. Don't rely on the tuner alone disabling the egr valve.

Keith

farmboy

Reaction score
On mine if I have power to it all the time I have to push the up bottom on the right hand side if I cycle the key to wake it up. If not it's like a stock tune. If I switch it to key on it will work every time. You can change this on the small box on the power cord.

Well as of right now I haven't wired it to the trucks power and it is just running off the HDMI cord. I still have the other cord that plugs into the small box on my 6.4 that is still being repaired. I will switch it once the truck is fixed. I have to plug/unplug the MM everytime I want to adjust/see it. To my understanding after 3 key cycles it sets it to the stock power tune if it is not powered on.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Well as of right now I haven't wired it to the trucks power and it is just running off the HDMI cord. I still have the other cord that plugs into the small box on my 6.4 that is still being repaired. I will switch it once the truck is fixed. I have to plug/unplug the MM everytime I want to adjust/see it. To my understanding after 3 key cycles it sets it to the stock power tune if it is not powered on.

hard wiring it is a must. 10 minutes max.

BK39

Reaction score
I am aware it turns off the EGR and yes I unplugged both the orange connectors.

Not trying to highjack, but where is the other orange connector? I only unplugged 1 on my truck when I did the egr block off plate. Unplugged that one and plugged it in to the pyro to read thru the delete plate. So where is the other 1?

Stangr8cr

Reaction score
It's under the plastic intake tube to the right of the radiator. Follow the short tube from the egr cooler to the driver side of the intake and there is a butterfly valve under there.

Keith

Latest posts

Members online