Minimaxx won't communicate with the truck

Scottbigred

Reaction score
Like the title says, the minimaxx won't communicate with the truck. I'm guessing it threw the U0073 code and it won't start and I obviously can't clear the code. Any ideas. I'm stuck now. If I could just get it cleared I'll unplug the tuner. I went through this same deal a month or so ago. Supposedly h&s checked my obdII block and hdmi cable and whatever they sent back to me isnt working again. Any help would be great. I'm kind of in a little bind now.

Scott

Scottbigred

Reaction score
I can't clear the codes. The mini won't comunicate with the truck. Seems like this is a common problem at H&S. I was hoping someone who had dealt with it might have an idea.

Scott

BFT

Reaction score
different tuner but make sure the batteries are fully charged. i had the same issue with the the x cal, they were all u codes

Scottbigred

Reaction score
I called PTP where I bought it from this morning since H&S is closed today. He told me he would be sending a whole new tuner with new HDMI and OBDII block im assuming. Hes going to call H&S in the morning and get it all set up I guess. Hopefully it all gets sorted out quick.

Scottbigred

Reaction score
different tuner but make sure the batteries are fully charged. i had the same issue with the the x cal, they were all u codes

Would bad batteries be causing this or are you saying make sure they are fully charged when I put a different tuner on it?

97strokn&smokn

Reaction score
Have you had the tuner on the truck before? If this is your first time putting it on there it probly needs updated. Ive had this happen to a couple of customers trucks and you can update them right of there website.

Scottbigred

Reaction score
Its been on for 6+ months. This is the second time i've had this issue. After the first time, while waiting for the HDMI cable and OBDII block to come back from H&S I updated to the latest installs. New stuff worked for about a month then bam all at once it came back. I tired for an hour turning the key on and off to get it to work. Unplugged it went inside and took a break. Come back out and plug it in, still nothing. Tried a different HDMI cable still nothing. Its either the Block or the tuner itself. Every thing is up to date. Just gonna have to wait and see what PTP says in the morning when he calls me back.

97strokn&smokn

Reaction score
Its been on for 6+ months. This is the second time i've had this issue. After the first time, while waiting for the HDMI cable and OBDII block to come back from H&S I updated to the latest installs. New stuff worked for about a month then bam all at once it came back. I tired for an hour turning the key on and off to get it to work. Unplugged it went inside and took a break. Come back out and plug it in, still nothing. Tried a different HDMI cable still nothing. Its either the Block or the tuner itself. Every thing is up to date. Just gonna have to wait and see what PTP says in the morning when he calls me back.

Oh ok i was just checking hope they get you figured out. I havent ran into this issue before with H&S. Wish i could help you out.

Scottbigred

Reaction score
Oh ok i was just checking hope they get you figured out. I havent ran into this issue before with H&S. Wish i could help you out.

Its cool man, I hope we get it figured out. Seems like it might be a problems with the Mini its self. H&S is well aware of the problem. They knew exactly what I was talking about when i called them the first time with issues. The first time it happened it would come up saying "initializing communications" or whatever it says and it would just take a few seconds or I would have to try it a few times then it would work. Now it just flat out doesn't work at all. Hopefully I hear back from PTP in the morning. They are good people so I sure they will take care of me.

Scottbigred

Reaction score
Any word ?

Well we still don't know if the issue is with the tuner or not. Theres a couple wires under the hood that I was told to jump if i need to get it running. Tried that and it fired right up. Won't restart after shutting it down unless you jump those wires again. Sending everything back to H&S. Hopefully they just send me an entirely new Minimaxx and that solves it. Its only been a few days and i'm way past being tired of dealing with this.

Scottbigred

Reaction score
Got the tuner, cable and OBDII block back. Nothings changed, same problem.
I'm lost now. Did it fry the TCM or something? Gonna have go call them back on monday. Its getting a little old with no truck to drive.

The truck needs to go in for studs, so i'm thinking about throwing it on a trailer and dropping it off at the dealer. Maybe just have them re-flash it back to stock and try and re tune the truck. We will see. Way beyond tired of this.

Anybody else ever have problems with their Minimaxx or anything?

Jayz

Reaction score
i just had the same issues,new obd2 plug and hdmi FIXED IT! it was doing the same thing "initializing communications" had to jump it to start it BUT i also noticed it BLEW A FUSE! pass side kicker panel number 44 10amp run/start customer access feed (pto) also if u unplug the obd2 mini maxx plug DOES IT WORK FINE?

Scottbigred

Reaction score
i just had the same issues,new obd2 plug and hdmi FIXED IT! it was doing the same thing "initializing communications" had to jump it to start it BUT i also noticed it BLEW A FUSE! pass side kicker panel number 44 10amp run/start customer access feed (pto) also if u unplug the obd2 mini maxx plug DOES IT WORK FINE?

The OBDII block and hdmi have been replaced. Still no start. They wrote some custom tune stuff and im getting ready to go try that now.

Once it connects and I can clear the codes it runs fine as long as the mini is unplugged.

Latest posts

Members online