Mishimoto Aluminum Radiator and Fluidampr Installed

Johnboy3

Reaction score
I have had a Mishimoto 6.4 radiator on order for a while and they are finally released to the public this month. Since the a/c pump took a dump this was the perfect weekend to install the radiator along with a new a/c pump and a Fluidampr I have add sitting here for this truck. Install went super smooth. The radiator is a quality piece and everything lined right up. Getting rid of that crimped plastic tank piece of garbage stock radiator makes me sleep better at night.

mishimoto_radiator_2.jpg

It is a shame that this thing has to be covered up with all the other coolers...

mishimoto_radiator.jpg

We have had a problem with this truck running warm when grossing 30K when towing our rv. I have to haul the trailer this week and will report back how the coolant temps are. We have been using Mishimoto radiators for a while in other vehicles and their fit and finish is top notch. Great upgrade.

Also threw on a Fluidampr while I was in there. I was suprised but the truck is smoother at idle. They claim that their balancers free up some power. I will be getting the truck on the dyno soon to see if it does indeed make a difference. Here are a couple pics of the dampnr. They are also a nice quality part.

fluidampr_2.jpg

6_4_fluidampr.jpg

Johnboy3

Reaction score
I did tow the trailer this weekend and coolant temps were down from the last time I pulled these particular hills. Overall coolant temps were down at least 10 degrees. I will report back when we have a chance to go on a longer trip. This one was pretty short.

Last edited:

Johnboy3

Reaction score
any noticeable difference with the dampener?

The idle and all rpm ranges are definitely smoother with the dampner on, but it's tough to tell power difference on this truck with the low gears and it has more than enough power to pull the trailer. Will get it on the dyno soon to see the difference if there is one.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.