Mishimoto radiator?

DC87

Reaction score
Hey guys so found my radiator leaking out of the end cap and was looking at the mishimoto. Wondering if anyone has had any experience with them? Had one on my 6.0 and loved it. Planning to call Mike and get a price on it as well as his intercooler. Hope someone can give a review. On a side not I know it's hard to diagnose based off of conversation but I have a small oil drip very minimal one small drop every morning is what I notice. Crawled under looked like it was coming down from the D/S head area and hitting the oil pan area. Didn't know if there was a common spot. Truck is ******d and has a ccv reroute but no catch can. H&S 64 kit and some other small stuff! Any help would be appreciated thanks in advance guys!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Hey guys so found my radiator leaking out of the end cap and was looking at the mishimoto. Wondering if anyone has had any experience with them? Had one on my 6.0 and loved it. Planning to call Mike and get a price on it as well as his intercooler. Hope someone can give a review. On a side not I know it's hard to diagnose based off of conversation but I have a small oil drip very minimal one small drop every morning is what I notice. Crawled under looked like it was coming down from the D/S head area and hitting the oil pan area. Didn't know if there was a common spot. Truck is ******d and has a ccv reroute but no catch can. H&S 64 kit and some other small stuff! Any help would be appreciated thanks in advance guys!

they work well ! we actually stock them now . let me know if i can make you a deal !

Lasvegas67

Reaction score
I installed a mishimoto and would never go back. Great quality and it looks mean af. Runs noticeably cooler and awesome warranty. 5/5 stars....would date again and take out to a fancy dinner.
c7bda96e0bea99921440785f147bf0f0.jpg

DC87

Reaction score
I installed a mishimoto and would never go back. Great quality and it looks mean af. Runs noticeably cooler and awesome warranty. 5/5 stars....would date again and take out to a fancy dinner.
c7bda96e0bea99921440785f147bf0f0.jpg

Thanks for the review lasvegas67!!! Ordering one Monday!

Jomax

Reaction score
Weren't people having issues with these leaking? Or was it another brand ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lasvegas67

Reaction score
Haven't heard of any issues on the 6.7 from my research. The 6.4 was another story. The only leaks I have now are from the ladies riding in a bad a$$ ford.

jwanck11

Reaction score
Yes, there were threads on here about them leaking. I am not sure if the issues have been addressed or not.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Yes, there were threads on here about them leaking. I am not sure if the issues have been addressed or not.

I think you're confusing this with the 6.4 radiator. I haven't heard of one leaking.

niklid05

Reaction score
My oem dripped a bit. I ordered a mishimoto. 3 weeks or so and that was leaking. I went through their warranty process and got another mishimoto. Not even a week into having that installed and that one leaked more than the oem and first mishimoto combined. So i got a new for radiator and put that in. So far so good. I installed the ford radiator in late january.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Has any company tried isolating the radiators better than just using the stock mounts. I was reading some stuff last night where they thought the reason for these cracking is because of frame flex. I couldn't find anything on anyone trying to either strengthen the mounting of the rad or isolating it better so the frame flex doesn't affect the radiator's structure at all.

AllGo'N'Show

Reaction score
My oem dripped a bit. I ordered a mishimoto. 3 weeks or so and that was leaking. I went through their warranty process and got another mishimoto. Not even a week into having that installed and that one leaked more than the oem and first mishimoto combined. So i got a new for radiator and put that in. So far so good. I installed the ford radiator in late january.

Not surprising to hear, glad you had better luck with the OE unit eventually, how many miles and what kind of use was your truck seeing?

niklid05

Reaction score
Its mainly just been highway use to and from work. Some off road use at work and home. No real towing. Just cars and lighter equipment here and there. When i installed the mishimoto it was just commuting back and forth to work. The truck had 98-100k on it at the time the mishimoto was installed. It was swapped out after maybe 4k miles when the warranty piece showed up. The second lasted no more than 600 miles and had a big puddle under it. I didnt even bother trying for a third piece, i just went and picked up a new ford radiator and installed it. The truck has 116,7xx miles on it as of now. So 12-14k miles with out a leak....yet.

Lasvegas67

Reaction score
I tow about 18k and off-road occasionally but I drive it like I stole it. My temps drop noticeably faster with the mishimoto. It's about 114 degrees here frequently and it keeps her cool. No leaks or problems so far. Hopefully you have the same luck.

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
I had mike send me one last year! Been around 15k miles since I put it in the truck. Factory one lasted a ****ty 30k miles. Loving my mishimoto unit. Truck runs much cooler and that radiator looks killer under the hood! I tow heavy, take it in the woods, flex the suspension a lot, and run the balls off this truck. So far there is no way I would put a oem plastic junk radiator under the hood.

niklid05

Reaction score
I hope you have better luck than i did. Just letting you know my experience with the radiators. And dont get me wrong the one time i dealt with customer service they were good.

Latest posts

Members online