missing 6.0 litre

strok'n

Reaction score
i have an unusual problem. i get code p0266 and the injectors are all brand new. also i have installed a new ficm. the truck starts up fiine and runs good for a couple minutes and then it starts to miss like its going out of style. im at my wits end any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

strok'n

Reaction score
they are b and d injectors. ive replaced them all and then went in and swapped #2 and #4 hoping the miss would move with the injector and its still #2.

strok'n

Reaction score
sorry that i forgot to include i have done a compression test and it appears to be good! i have also changed the icp the ipr and the hpop.

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
If its a combustion code and moving the injector doesn't move it that's not good it will be a mecanical problem causing the miss. But the miss not being there when you first fire it kinda throws me off of that. Not sure.

strok'n

Reaction score
i have briefly checked over the wires. the thing that gets me is that it runs fine and then it starts to miss after a couple minutes. when it starts missing i could turn it off and then start it again and its fine.

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
When it starts to miss is it like a light switch. It just instantly starts to miss or is it progressive? Also is it a consistent miss or is it random?

strok'n

Reaction score
When it starts to miss is it like a light switch. It just instantly starts to miss or is it progressive? Also is it a consistent miss or is it random?

it varies. sometimes it starts off random but every time it eventually misses on every stroke. its a dead miss.

strok'n

Reaction score
i just fired it up again just now and its puffing out white smoke. it doesnt smoke at higher rpms just when i stab the throttle and a little bit at idle.

strok'n

Reaction score
nope it just seems like diesel smoke. like its burning to lean. i just did another test to it and while it was missing i unplugged the icp and there was no change in running condition.

strok'n

Reaction score
i unplugged the #2 injector and there was no change at all at idle. still the exact same except when i upped the rpm when the injector is plugged in it smooths out at about 1500rpm without it plugged in it still misses.

Latest posts

Members online