mobil 1 M1-601 oil filter

TyCorr

Reaction score
I dont think Im going to use anything but delo from now on. I drain it every 3k miles. Screw it. It starts nicer when cold but since it.doesnt.really get "cold" here ill chance it. I can always.get some 10w30 if it.gets cold.

Gearhead

Reaction score
2 cases of 6 with free shipping 72 dollars total.

Enough to last through the zombie apocalypse for 10 years with limited driving....

Next oil change is getting some Schaeffer syn blend and going to a 10k interval.

Last edited:

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I dont think Im going to use anything but delo from now on. I drain it every 3k miles. Screw it. It starts nicer when cold but since it.doesnt.really get "cold" here ill chance it. I can always.get some 10w30 if it.gets cold.
delo is good chit in cold weather... had delo in my dually in minnesota and it popped off with out being plugged in and it was -27ambient temp..
2 cases of 6 with free shipping 72 dollars total.

Enough to last through the zombie apocalypse for 10 years with limited driving....

Next oil change is getting some Shaeffer syn blend and going to a 10k interval.

sweet! if i had schaeffers 7000 readily available id be running it.. you going to do UOI's at that oci? or have you already?

JD3020

Reaction score
delo is good chit in cold weather... had delo in my dually in minnesota and it popped off with out being plugged in and it was -27ambient temp..

sweet! if i had schaeffers 7000 readily available id be running it.. you going to do UOI's at that oci? or have you already?

Same here.

If i could get it close i think i could afford it, if i ran OCI's out past 5k miles. Right now i stick to about 3500 with my current oils, then it starts running rough. Although that puts me at like 2 oil changes a year, since my truck is broke more often than its not. LOL

Gearhead

Reaction score
I'm going to do it on the first 2 changes. I'll probably chicken out on the first change and go 5k just to make sure I get all the rotella out of it....lol I can literally tell when the oil has sheared down to nothing now.... My truck runs like crap at about 2500 miles after an oil change.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I'm going to do it on the first 2 changes. I'll probably chicken out on the first change and go 5k just to make sure I get all the rotella out of it....lol I can literally tell when the oil has sheared down to nothing now.... My truck runs like crap at about 2500 miles after an oil change.

Mines always been like that. Some oils just sheared quicker. The synthetic Mobil lasted longest and was.g2g after 3k. Still not.worth it.for a 3k mile interval,.daily driver.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
cool... thats exactly why i stopped running it in mine.. anywhere between 2k and 2500 miles... start and idling characteristics went to chit and wot hpo pressures went down some...

TyCorr

Reaction score
@jake- a lot. Many synthetics have been revamped since the verbage was legally enforced on "full synthetics".

Also, if delo works for you up there, i have no.doubt it'll be fine here.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
yeah man! from everything i have read on it, even the most recent ive found, says it still carries a good amount of moly in it! its done well for me.. but premium blue has a lot more of everything else in it for roughly the same price now..... ill run what my fresh build likes the most... might even add a bypass filter for as cheap as they are on the smaller baldwin ones... change it every other oil change.. who knows.. i gotta get the truck back first...

live life full throttle

KBMKVIII

Reaction score
Donaldson ELF7405 here. Full syn and still have never gone over 4k miles.
But I noticed with the new filter the oil stayed honey colored for quite a while longer.
Wierd.

jaybuller

Reaction score
thanks for the heads up. I always ran MC but heck I just ordered 5 of these for 30 bucks even! cant beat that a years worth of oil change filters for 30 bucks! and ill have them on hand which is nice. now I just need to come up with some on sale quality oil!

TARM

Reaction score
The mobile one filters are built by Champion same as Luber Finer. The Mobile ones are a premium filter. They should be very good as the diesel lines I am sure have specs in line with their own Luber Finer brand. They represent a very good buy at those prices for sure.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
The mobile one filters are built by Champion same as Luber Finer. The Mobile ones are a premium filter. They should be very good as the diesel lines I am sure have specs in line with their own Luber Finer brand. They represent a very good buy at those prices for sure.

i was hoping you would chime in on this one tarm... thank you for the info sir!

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online