modded idm

Desertdweller

Reaction score
Seemed to help with start up and throttle response. Happy with it. My truck is a daily driver. Vision Diesel was helpful with the order. Only had it a couple days. So don't know about mileage gains.

X2 I've had mine for about two weeks and I'm extremely happy with the results.

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
Ya, Its the factory IDM, so its hard saying.

We will see. Need to plan for Xmas right now so truck stuff is low on the list.

Injectors have been rebuilt 5 or 6 times and the cores have over 500k on them so...LOL

Just to throw it out there, when my 02 was having it's hard start issues a few winters ago, it had a modded IDM in.

Could be the only reason it would start after a few tries, could be it wasn't helping at all.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Just to throw it out there, when my 02 was having it's hard start issues a few winters ago, it had a modded IDM in.

Could be the only reason it would start after a few tries, could be it wasn't helping at all.

Just curious.... Was that a voltage mod or a Voltage mod with a frequency change as well?

CSIPSD

Reaction score

Well I have pretty much decided I am going to get one. With 260k on the IDM now I'm sure its not in perfect condition so it cant hurt.

Right now she is a bear to start below 50* and two cylinders on the passenger side will not light off at all until I give her one good WOT for just a second, then they fire off, EGT's balance and its fine the rest of the day.

This might work as a band aid for the rest of the winter, which is what I am hoping for.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Would be very interesting to see what Revx could do for you. I bet I could make a believer out of you

Maybe we can try when you pick your IDM up

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
Just curious.... Was that a voltage mod or a Voltage mod with a frequency change as well?

Kitchen table voltage mod...

Well I have pretty much decided I am going to get one. With 260k on the IDM now I'm sure its not in perfect condition so it cant hurt.

Right now she is a bear to start below 50* and two cylinders on the passenger side will not light off at all until I give her one good WOT for just a second, then they fire off, EGT's balance and its fine the rest of the day.

This might work as a band aid for the rest of the winter, which is what I am hoping for.

It might do the trick, I'm gonna *shudder* agree with Derek on the RevX though.

I never tried it until I already had a "new" set of injectors, but it certainly did wonders for the noise associated with cold starts on these engines.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Kitchen table voltage mod...

It might do the trick, I'm gonna *shudder* agree with Derek on the RevX though.

I never tried it until I already had a "new" set of injectors, but it certainly did wonders for the noise associated with cold starts on these engines.

Yea that may be a first.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Well I am doing rear brakes and changing the oil today to 5-40 syn... Of course oil changes happen about every month around here, so I doubt I will stay with syn unless it helps a ton.

I am planning on switching the injectors that are giving me issues, right now I believe they are in #5 and 7. Going to move them to #1 and #6 to try and spread the issue.

Arisley

Reaction score
As much as I hate oil additives, I tried the RevX. It worked well, not saying it is something for every oil change, but once a year I will use it again.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
As much as I hate oil additives, I tried the RevX. It worked well, not saying it is something for every oil change, but once a year I will use it again.

Theres a reason we go through a case a month.
Goes in each and every truck that leaves the shop!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

powerSmokin

Reaction score
Sending out my IDM Monday after work then ordering some Molybond X-200 for my next oil change. I have a little over 260k on my IDM as well, I am hoping I will see an improvement from the stock one. We shall see.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Trying??? Or buying?

If you want to pour it in, I'll try it.

Ive always said, as an honest guy, that if you don't notice real time results then its free.

I know it works and I have literally seen it save people thousands from having to replace injectors. But obviously it will not cure a mechanical flaw.

Latest posts

Members online