Motor oil

mitch7.3

Reaction score
Good to know will prolly keep using that then

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Reaction score
ive been running mobil one since my old man bought the truck new in 96. i have a buddy that can get me amsoil for cheaper. is it going to be an issue if i switch?

dsmracing1

Reaction score
Been running AmsOil myself since the truck was new and no issues and haven't added oil between changes as well. 10K changes here too...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

David1089

Reaction score
So I've run rotella T6 forever, great oil and no complaints. What are the benefits of running LE or Amsoil? I know not all things are designed the same. Are we talking improvements on a molecular level?

JRLott

Reaction score
So I've run rotella T6 forever, great oil and no complaints. What are the benefits of running LE or Amsoil? I know not all things are designed the same. Are we talking improvements on a molecular level?

Just got the oil analysis back on my LE8854. It was in better shape, or equal in all aspects after 10,000 miles than my T6 was after 5,000 miles.

David1089

Reaction score
Just got the oil analysis back on my LE8854. It was in better shape, or equal in all aspects after 10,000 miles than my T6 was after 5,000 miles.

Really! That makes sense. Better oil saves time and money. This I will definitely be looking into here in about 4000 miles. Thanks man!

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
we've been selling LE for over 2 years now, and it has been awesome. hit me up if anyone needs some !

Lthrnck

Reaction score
If I change over to LE and get 10k mile intervals is it best to still change oil filter every 5k?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I just ordered all new oils for my truck, engine, trans, power steering, transfer case, and both diffs, from Jim just earlier this week. He really knows his stuff and is very helpful.

Lthrnck

Reaction score
Thanks fellas, I'll be reaching out to Jim next week to order my next batch of 5W40.

JRLott

Reaction score
Good choice. I'm guessing filter and sample at 5k, followed by oil & filter and sample at 10k. Then he'll have actual data to confirm longer OCIs.

Edit: That's if your truck has been through fat camp. If not soot load and fuel dilution will limit the OCI...I think.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Good choice. I'm guessing filter and sample at 5k, followed by oil & filter and sample at 10k. Then he'll have actual data to confirm longer OCIs.

Edit: That's if your truck has been through fat camp. If not soot load and fuel dilution will limit the OCI...I think.
correct..

but from what I gather, even stock ford 6.7s fuel dilution is better then most other motors..

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

Lthrnck

Reaction score

Will do. I'm new to diesels, just picked up Jesse Rohr's old truck from a forum member, and trying to inhale as much diesel knowledge as possible now. Truck has gone through fat camp though

Latest posts

Members online