MPD Budget Turbo kit install

williamallen13

Reaction score
Yes Dylan from MPD said go ahead and install it without the gasket and it should be fine until I get the gasket then he told me he would overnight it on Monday well here it is Tuesday and I've called and he's now said that they don't have any in stock he doesn't know when they're going to get it in stock and he can just order one online and send it to my house overnight so I have it. So after paying $3,100 for a kit they can't send a $5 gasket to my house. So I guess I will buy one myself.

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
Yes Dylan from MPD said go ahead and install it without the gasket and it should be fine until I get the gasket then he told me he would overnight it on Monday well here it is Tuesday and I've called and he's now said that they don't have any in stock he doesn't know when they're going to get it in stock and he can just order one online and send it to my house overnight so I have it. So after paying $3,100 for a kit they can't send a $5 gasket to my house. So I guess I will buy one myself.

Check with some vendors on here. Mike might have some you can buy. If you can't find any I know Real Street Performance from Florida has theres and Precisions gaskets in stock. I've used them for stuff before.

Last edited:

HOOV3R

Reaction score
Go to a Caterpillar dealer and get a 1P-0451. Going to be a better gasket than the borgwarner you will be getting anyways.

williamallen13

Reaction score
So I have been driving with a tune all day and now it seems really hard to make boost at all. I also noticed my coolant level was low and I know I just filled it and I check my oil and oil has white steam coming out but it is not milky looking it is fairly new oil because I just had it changed. I am going to get some soapy water and spray down the boots and the turbo tonight and see if I can find where some bubbles are coming from and I will download the new video later when I get home. Maybe I should take off the upper air intake and retighten everything down. I am going to take it to a Ford mechanic tomorrow evening and leave it for him to look at overnight. He is going to run a full diagnostic and check the compression and make sure everything is running correctly.

williamallen13

Reaction score
I do have another question I noticed when I was tightening the clamp on the up pipe and the clamp for the downpipe the ford specs calls for like 130 foot pounds of torque is that correct that just seems awfully high.

Sportchassis06

Reaction score
So I have been driving with a tune all day and now it seems really hard to make boost at all. I also noticed my coolant level was low and I know I just filled it and I check my oil and oil has white steam coming out but it is not milky looking it is fairly new oil because I just had it changed. I am going to get some soapy water and spray down the boots and the turbo tonight and see if I can find where some bubbles are coming from and I will download the new video later when I get home. Maybe I should take off the upper air intake and retighten everything down. I am going to take it to a Ford mechanic tomorrow evening and leave it for him to look at overnight. He is going to run a full diagnostic and check the compression and make sure everything is running correctly.

Why are you still driving this,in the condition it's in?????

TrickTruck

Reaction score
this is not going to end well...

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
he has an sct 3015 , the ONLY company that will write a tune for that obsolete device is pip . at no time was i told it was missing a gasket , had i known i wouldnt have gotten another tune written. you have a boost leak, until you fix it you dont know what that tune does or doesnt do .

williamallen13

Reaction score
It's not like it's not drivable, just not to what I was hoping. I'm taking it to be looked at b a diesel mechanic to just double check everything. I may be super-sensitive about every little noise. When I say driving all day I mean drove to the jobsite and drove home. I dd have about 1/2 gallon of coolant left when I refilled it I guess I just didn't fill to the line after running it yesterday. I'll fill it and what it tomorrow.
These are a couple videos for today's driving and the new tunes. Another longer install video coming next.
https://youtu.be/U17gdBgPb08
https://youtu.be/MzdzIDdb5IU

Reaction score
So I have been driving with a tune all day and now it seems really hard to make boost at all.

GASKET!!!

I also noticed my coolant level was low and I know I just filled it and I check my oil and oil has white steam coming out but it is not milky looking it is fairly new oil because I just had it changed.

spunds like normal blowby of a 6.7

I am going to get some soapy water and spray down the boots and the turbo tonight and see if I can find where some bubbles are coming from and I will download the new video later when I get home. Maybe I should take off the upper air intake and retighten everything down.

unless you hear actual air leaking out, it's not gonna act like that unless you have a crazy boost leak like from the gasket

I am going to take it to a Ford mechanic tomorrow evening and leave it for him to look at overnight. He is going to run a full diagnostic and check the compression and make sure everything is running correctly.

That's the smartest thing to do. If you're out of idea let a new fresh mind go at it. Sound like that gasket missing is what's causing your problems, as for coolant leaks, look all around, it's gotta be leaking somewhere

williamallen13

Reaction score
When I asked about not having the gasket I was told it would be fine to drive until it came. If I was told NO do not drive it till you get it then I would have waited. Installing the kit wasn't hard it was just figuring out what went where and in what order. I basically got 1 box of parts and 1 box with the turbo with no parts list and no instructions. When buying any aftermarket kit it should come with a parts list, instructions with pictures, and an after hours phone number so anyone with some experience can install. If it wasn't for Dylan giving me his cell number then I don't know what I would have done. I definitely appreciate all the help. An aftermarket kit like this should have the turbo prepped and come with pictures of it installed. There's no pictures online anywhere of this exact kit installed that shows the oil line or the proper angle of the front turbo housing. The one on Facebook has different uppipes, no oil line, and doesn't show the fuel lines. Watch the long video and at the end you can see it installed and running. One thing I didn't really like was the fact that the turbo was hitting the upper air intake and it still isn't high enough for the boot to not be creased by the fuel lines. If anyone has suggestions on this I'd like to hear. When I get the gasket tomorrow I'll install it and post the results.
And Ben's Diesel performance also writes tunes for that device. They actually have the kit installed in there truck with there tunes. I went with PIP because they have a good reputation on this site. Like I said I will install the gasket and I'm sure it will fix the problem.
https://youtu.be/8AZsmB8WlfY

williamallen13

Reaction score
That's the smartest thing to do. If you're out of idea let a new fresh mind go at it. Sound like that gasket missing is what's causing your problems, as for coolant leaks, look all around, it's gotta be leaking somewhere

Thanks for the solid advise. I come on this site for advise not for criticism.

Latest posts

Members online