MPD Injectors review

amarillo250

Reaction score
Just to say that I have been real lucky, a guy named Craig did some work on my truck.
He installed MPD's 180/75% injectors in my truck and a powermax along with some other things like RR, fuel-pump etc.
My first time to the track, before the FICM install from KEM, the truck was loaded with stuff like 5th.wheel hitch aux. tank and some other things. Both tanks have been full at that time and I wasnt thinking to run my truck.
I watched my friends go and said wtf. I try.
I lined up and hat no clue what to do or whats so ever. LOL
Started and just waited for the green light, normal start no boosted launch, tires spinning, no burn-out before didnt wanna ruin my tires, and never put the pedal full down, scared to break something.
CS said 85% engine load at the max and throttle position around 90%.
EGT's climbed real quick and after 3/4 of the track I lifted the pedal because 1400+ was to much for my taste. That was all on the X-street tune from Eric at IDP.
I was real scared how quick the truck was and think I left some marks in my pants, the time was 13.7sec at 96mph.
For me thats real fast and I never pushed the truck that much.
There was smoke all the time, in the first half a bit more and then more a haze.
I wonder what this truck will do on a full pass with a less scared driver and some race tunes.
Did I mention the truck ways in like that 9000+ lbs.
Those injectors have fuel like crazy and the boost was just 25-26lbs.
I just spoke to Craig about it and he said thats normal for those injectors. :bowfast:
I think he's right, just look what he is doing with his 6.4
12 of may it's Dyno day and I will know more in detail. I hope to see Craig again soon for some other work on my big Yellow schoolbus.
Awsome Guy and handsdown good work.

Ross@Flyindiesel

Reaction score
put that bad boy to the floor and let er eat!!! 1400 isnt anything. heck i hit 1600 with stock injectors. its not gonna hurt the truck for short burst like doing a 1/4 mile run. do a 4wd boosted launch at about 7 psi and pour the wood to it. you will be amazed at what it will do and you dont have much to worry about. if its gonna break its gonna break no matter if your at the track or doing something else with it. when stuff breaks at the track its normally someone launching there truck at crazy boost numbers. its no different then runnin on the street

Latest posts

Members online