MTW Stage 1 Mileage Report ~600 miles

Dlinzy

Reaction score
Dallas, Tx to Beavers Bend Ok. 279 mile door to door Interstate 30 75 Mph and 65 - 70 ish backroads 5 mph head wind e/s/e 92 Deg. Amb. Temp.

Ran Innov. Diesel Street Extreme Tune going up 15 Gal. fuel added at Low Fuel Ding. Dash Meter.... 18.1 - 18.7 Hand calculated 18.0 Ding warning didn't go off so it had a little bit more to go, maybe width of gas needle. EOT and ECT 194 199 Truck ran well, easy to keep up with traffic and pass occasionally hitting lower 80's. Settled in at 77 and seemed to prefer this speed, 1950 RPM ~4.5 -5.1 Lbs. Boost very little visible smoke under load, Turbo cleans up everything once spool builds, about a half second tops.

Reset Trip and MPG refilled with 15 gal.

Return trip, loaded Extreme X took same route home, 282 miles from dam road turn off to home.

Amb. Temp 96 EOT and ECT 195 EOT 201 ECT. Truck ran quieter and felt peppier, noticeably less throttle to maintain 75 Mph and stronger shifts when down shifting on hills and speeding up to pass tractors. Avg. 75 - 80 Mph on Interstate, 72 - 75 Mph Back highways.

Dash Meter showed 21.4 until I Romped on it pretty hard to get on freeway and pass a few big rigs across the lake. Once at home, 20.1 with 2 needle widths of fuel left. I'll drive it to work tomorrow and see how much further i get before the 1 needle width and low fuel warning Beep.

A little more smoke when down shifting and passing on initial spool-up but not bad at all. Feels like the truck is still learning shifting patterns and what to do with the extra Air MAX Boost was 29.2 held for 3 - 4 seconds eclipsed 90 Mph before getting out of it.

Pretty pleased with these results best I can tell it's improved from 16.3 to 19. 4 maybe a little better time will tell if it gets better or worse.

Denny

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
Is that 15 gallons up to the cap?? To be honest 279 miles on half a tank of fuel isn't that great.

Lol my truck used to get about 400 miles on a tank of fuel.... Averaged 15mpgs empty... I drive with a heavy foot but.I never got better than 17

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2

Dlinzy

Reaction score
Is that 15 gallons up to the cap?? To be honest 279 miles on half a tank of fuel isn't that great.

That would've been a better way to ensure same amount of fuel each time, i used the low fuel dong as my time to pull over and re-fuel.

Next week i'll fill it till i see it, drive it a few days and refill till i see it and see what i get.

D

madpowerstroke

Reaction score

From what I read he hit the empty ding, then put 15 gals of fuel in to see how far he could go before it hit the ding again. So he has aready went 279miles and no ding and will drive until, it dings and record the mileage then. So if he can get another 11 miles out of the truck and then dings, he would be at 290miles and if you do the numbers comes to 19.3 MPG. Which I think is pretty good and is inline with the other testers numbers for MPG.

Snake

Reaction score
I hate to rain on the parade, but the only accurate way of determining mpg without buying extra equipment is to fill the tank all the way up to the cap, reset the trip odometer, drive, refill all the way to the cap, and divide the miles you just drove by the amount of fuel you just put in. You can't get an accurate mpg number on the second half of the tank unless you run it out of fuel.

Dlinzy

Reaction score
I hate to rain on the parade, but the only accurate way of determining mpg without buying extra equipment is to fill the tank all the way up to the cap, reset the trip odometer, drive, refill all the way to the cap, and divide the miles you just drove by the amount of fuel you just put in. You can't get an accurate mpg number on the second half of the tank unless you run it out of fuel.

Agreed, and will do just this next week, I was looking for a way to test 2 tunes without running the truck over the course of 2 weeks.

I could also disconnect the fuel line, route it to a 1 gal tank in the bed and someone would find a flaw in that logic.

I ran 1 way already covered 200+ miles and counting on 10 - 11 gals. PRetty dam good.

D

windrunner408

Reaction score
Glad to hear your liking your turbo Denny. I have about 700 miles with the "Hackey Sack Prototype Turbo" and all is good with it. I had about 2k miles on the Stage 1 and no problems and only about 1k on the Stage 2. I know that that isn't a lot for any one turbo but I'll be surprised if I have any problems with just normal daily driving with whatever turbo of Adrian's I stick on my truck. LOL

Snake

Reaction score
You don't have to run the tank from full to empty. You can run as far as you want. The point being, you don't know exactly how much fuel is left in the tank nor how much more you used finding a place to fill up when you hear the dinger.

Mixedbreed

Reaction score
I get the same numbers with my Pmax and 190/75 sticks. i think these engines like the air.. wait i read that somewhere on here a few times.. keep the testing up!!

SootPowered

Reaction score
I have 36in tall tires and get 11.7 MPG wonder if this Turbo would help in my situation

Not to derail but something is wrong here man. I have 37's on 20's. 13.5 wide and I average 15.7mgp. Now that is mostly highway driving at about 70mph.

Dlinzy

Reaction score
anyone running one of the madpowerstroke turbos have any drive pressure numbers?

Is this something I can capture from my scanguage II ?

If so tell me the parameters and i'll load it up for tomorrow's commute.

Denny

Dlinzy

Reaction score
10" lift and 15" wide tires.........THAT'S your problem and NO way adding just a turbo will help you...LOL

Correct, it takes a Turbo and Tune in my case extreme X and MTW Stg 1.

And if you're truly only getting 11. - 12 you have something wrong, likely an air leak and not building efficient boost levels.

D

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
anyone running one of the madpowerstroke turbos have any drive pressure numbers?
On my truck the BP was between 1.25:1 and 1.35:1. This was with the Stage 2 though. I'll try to get some Stage 1 numbers this week.

chappy

Reaction score
I got 15.7 on my highway trip this weekend. thats with the spd tune. Im on a 6in and 35's on 20x12's though and ran the a/c the whole trip. Im saving up for one of these turbos.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
I got 15.7 on my highway trip this weekend. thats with the spd tune. Im on a 6in and 35's on 20x12's though and ran the a/c the whole trip. Im saving up for one of these turbos.
You gonna have him mod your PMAX? He has FoxHunt's PMax right now and I'm very curious how it's gonna work out.

Latest posts

Members online