My Custom interior conversion

JAP

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Guess I missed it, but did something happen to the first dyed pieces? The paint came off easily?

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
Looks great so far, can't wait to see it all together.

I'm not sure if I missed it but did you total up the cost of everything so far?

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
Forgot the adhesion promoter. Interior is looking awesome, mine will be black one day as well.

Looks great so far, can't wait to see it all together.

I'm not sure if I missed it but did you total up the cost of everything so far?

Thats correct, What happen was while doing my testing, i called color bond and the person i spoke with said test it out without the adhesion promoter, and do the tape test (put tape on plastic, and rip it off) he said if nothing comes off than theres no need for the adhesion promoter. I tested this on the spare dash i had, problem was the dash and most of the other pieces were made of 2 different plastics (most of the other parts are made of Polypropolene plastic) which i did not realize. So i hen i was moving the finished pieces around it was scraping off. Not wanting a half a$$ job i stripped everything back down and re did it....well worth it. As i stated befor, i can take keys and slid them accross this stuff with no problem!

I havent totaled everything together yet, i will when im complete, my budget for this entire project was 2500.00 and after selling my factory interior i can confidently say I will be well under that. The seat covers are what cost the most!

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
successful night after work yesterday, i was able to get the dash back in, the air bags, along with a few other pieces. Truck is really starting to come together. Also got word that my katzkins will be in early next week!

Dash back in the cab
IMG_0838.jpg

installation of dash...
IMG_0831.jpg

IMG_0834.jpg

IMG_0833.jpg

a pillar back in
IMG_0835.jpg

had to stick the front door panel on just to get a preview
IMG_0839.jpg

IMG_0836.jpg

pictures really arent doin this justice, i will get better ones with my camera, truck is really comming along. This weekend i am going to get the driver side a-pillar guages back in, and start to get the roof console fabricated. Still trying to decide on switches, i really like an LED toggle switch, but custom rocker switched may be a better look....

Wojo

Reaction score
Where did you buy the colorbond from and what did it cost if you dont mind me asking. i would love to do this to my truck. lucky me all i need to do is A-pillars, Dash, and door panels. everything else is already factory black plastic and factory black carpet and seats.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
Where did you buy the colorbond from and what did it cost if you dont mind me asking. i would love to do this to my truck. lucky me all i need to do is A-pillars, Dash, and door panels. everything else is already factory black plastic and factory black carpet and seats.

http://www.bryndana.com/

they have many options as far as colors, as well as spray paints and such, so price varies...i used 3 qts of paint for everything i had, and actually have some left over after the second go around...

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
This weekend i was able to get some of the last few items in the truck befor im ready to finish wire everything, as well as get the seats back in place. I am expecting the new covers to be in tuesday or wednesday! I was able to reinstall the 4x4 level on the floor, i installed the sun visiors, as well as the guage pillar. The pillar was a PIA because i have so many wires running behind it but i was able to get everything nice and tight!

IMG_0842.jpg

IMG_0844.jpg

sun visors
IMG_0843.jpg

I need to give the truck a good vacum, and clean everything real good. I started messing around with the roof console, and believe i have it mapped out as to how i am going to build it! More updates this week

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
Heres some better pictures with my camera rather than phone: Also last night i gave the carpet a quick vacum, and look foward to seeing my new covers tonight!

DSC01173.jpg

DSC01172.jpg

DSC01174.jpg

DSC01175.jpg

DSC01178.jpg

DSC01179.jpg

DSC01180.jpg

DSC01182.jpg

DSC01183.jpg

DSC01185.jpg

DSC01184.jpg

my trucks home during the proccess
DSC01187.jpg

17BLKplat

Reaction score
Everything is looking crazy good man! Great work, with awesome attention to detail! Looks better than factory. Can't wait to see the overhead console.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
well last night i finally got those seat covers, let me tell you they are the softest nicest covers i have seen! I was able to get the rear bench seat covered last night, and between tonight and tomorrow night i hope to get the front covers done as well. Although the dog chewed on the seat heater on the driver side back so i may need to replace that which is going to set me back

New covers spread out
DSC01188.jpg

DSC01189.jpg

DSC01190.jpg

rear bench seat back (this was the hardest one to do!) still need to tweak it a little
DSC01191.jpg

DSC01192.jpg

back bench base seat
DSC01193.jpg

DSC01195.jpg

DSC01194.jpg

back seat done, just need to attach it to the bracket
DSC01196.jpg

tonight hopefully i can get this in the truck so i can wire the amp and place all the accessory boxes where they need to go!

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
Everything is looking crazy good man! Great work, with awesome attention to detail! Looks better than factory. Can't wait to see the overhead console.

thanks, im ready for it to be back together, weather has been too nice for the truck to be sitting...hopefully all done by next weekend

2000wa250

Reaction score
Wow those seat covers look great. Any chance you could PM me what they set you back? Looking at doing this same type of conversion next year

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
Tell me about it! Been 70s around here by Atlantic City!
Who made the seat covers? Looks great, like the red accent stitching.

thanks...i was afraid i had made a mistake not going with the red suede insert, but after seeing these, im very happy with my choice..

i hope it stays nice this weekend, bunch of us are headed down to wildwood!

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
thanks guys....im excited to get all of this back together, seems like im comming down the home stretch!!
todays update: Did not get much done last night, put the new seatbelts onto the seat backs, just waiting for the heater pad which should be in today. Also need to grab some hog rings for the seat backs....Seats should be all recovered and done by mid week next week. Going to try and get that back seat in today befor i head out of town so my brother can start the finish wiring over the weekend!

Latest posts

Members online