My DIY fuel pump and filter set up.

Tonka350

Reaction score
I'd really like to know all the part numbers ( fittings and all ) if you have them, I'm looking to do a DIY fuel system for my 7.3 and adding a second fuel pump to the system so I can get some more power and clean up the top side quite a bit....great innitiative though, the product looks awesome.

Chad

Dzlnut

Reaction score
I'd really like to know all the part numbers ( fittings and all ) if you have them, I'm looking to do a DIY fuel system for my 7.3 and adding a second fuel pump to the system so I can get some more power and clean up the top side quite a bit....great innitiative though, the product looks awesome.

Chad

Thank You, I don't have the part numbers for the fittings. I went back to he NAPA stores brass fitting cabinet and grabbed what I needed as the tech wrote down the numbers.

I am pretty surprised more 6.0 guys dont want to get rid of the expensive and lacking filter/pump set up. A stock 7.3 elec pump will run 400 hp all day long, so It will do fine on the lower tuned 6.0 guys. Like you commented a second pump could be added for higher power guys if needed.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Thank You, I don't have the part numbers for the fittings. I went back to he NAPA stores brass fitting cabinet and grabbed what I needed as the tech wrote down the numbers.

I am pretty surprised more 6.0 guys dont want to get rid of the expensive and lacking filter/pump set up. A stock 7.3 elec pump will run 400 hp all day long, so It will do fine on the lower tuned 6.0 guys. Like you commented a second pump could be added for higher power guys if needed.

I guess I just don't see how this is that much better, just yet. We don't even have fuel pressure numbers to compare to. Stock filters for our setup aren't terribly much more, I usually pay about $30 a set for International filters. I the last time I got them I bought 15 sets and paid something like $27 a set. My stock setup has been dynoed at 466rwp... though, I've started measuring fuel pressure behind the heads and don't really know what to think just yet.

Definitely interested to see some more info/numbers on this setup though, definitely a cool idea.

Dzlnut

Reaction score
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder..lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.