My E-fuel conversion.

jwlandry

Reaction score
I put some diesel in a bucket and Jerry rigged a hose to the bucket and it never pumped anything. I put the carter pump on and it hit 60psi in no time. Thanks for the help though. I appreciate it

jwlandry

Reaction score
i got about 75-100 miles on the efuel system and the truck runs so much better. I knew the old mechanical pump was in bad shape but never knew it was that bad. Before the truck and hardly no pickup once the truck was in 5th gear. It would just chug kinda. Now with the efuel when you push the pedal it goes much better then before by far. Next on the list is finish my intercooler piping and get my a set of injectors.

I do want to change up some fittings to pushlocs and JIC on the pump set up. I dont know how much trust i have in hose barbs and hose clamps. Other then that I couldnt be happier with the outcome.

davey99ps

Reaction score
It's amazing how much difference E-fuel can make, especially if your stock pump isn't in great shape. Just out of curiosity, what'd you use for a pump?

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
I do want to change up some fittings to pushlocs and JIC on the pump set up. I dont know how much trust i have in hose barbs and hose clamps. Other then that I couldnt be happier with the outcome.

as long as your clamping to a hose barb u should be fine. clamping a rubber hose to a metal line with a double clamp is a different story

jwlandry

Reaction score
as long as your clamping to a hose barb u should be fine. clamping a rubber hose to a metal line with a double clamp is a different story

It probally would be fine but I just dont like it. And the only place its tubing to hose is on the supply and return lines on the motor. That will be taken care of as well when I do the pushlocs.

jwlandry

Reaction score
I'm gonna use the same place duneslover used in one of my links in the first post.

Sweetperformance.com

They have everything I need. Gonna be placing an order soon.

Tom S

Reaction score
Mine was hard to prime. Once I sucked a little diesel into the pump it took right off.

PsRumors

Reaction score
I've never had a problem priming mine, with the AirDog or SD pump. After putting the pre-pump filter / water separator in place I just open the petcock on the bottom and it gravity feeds till fuel runs out the petcock. Takes less than 30 seconds. From there the system primes no problem.

Jamieruggiero

Reaction score
So can we get a updated complete parts list?
Final cost? I'm in the middle of doing some major overhauling on my 97, and doing a e-fuel conversion is my next project.
I think that the electrical wiring is where I might get overwhelmed.

jwlandry

Reaction score
The electrical part was easy. If you are unsure about it srtictly diesel sell a wiring harness for it.

Im gonna do a finilized parts list once I get back home from the holidays. Should be thursday or so.

rusty1161

Reaction score
i got about 75-100 miles on the efuel system and the truck runs so much better. I knew the old mechanical pump was in bad shape but never knew it was that bad. Before the truck and hardly no pickup once the truck was in 5th gear. It would just chug kinda. Now with the efuel when you push the pedal it goes much better then before by far. Next on the list is finish my intercooler piping and get my a set of injectors.

I experienced the same thing. The truck runs so much better now, smoother and it feels like there is more power all around. I think this is the best way to go with an OBS truck versus rebuilding the fuel bowl, new hoses and fuel pump.

Rusty

jwlandry

Reaction score
I experienced the same thing. The truck runs so much better now, smoother and it feels like there is more power all around. I think this is the best way to go with an OBS truck versus rebuilding the fuel bowl, new hoses and fuel pump.

Rusty

Without a doubt

jwlandry

Reaction score
Here's my finalized list of parts I used.

Motor:

(2) -6 JIC X 1/8" NPT ( these go in the back of the heads )
(2) stainless braided Teflon inside hose 90* -6 on one end and a straight -6 on the other. Both about 1 foot long.
(1) Y from Summit. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ear-100181erl
(1) aermotive regulator from Summit. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/aei-13109/overview/
(1) 1/8" NPT T
(1) 0-100 psi gauge
(3) 3/8 ORB x -4 JIC. these go on the regulator to attach the lines coming off the front of the heads and to the factory steel return line.
(1) 3/8 NPT x -6 pushloc 45*. This comes off the Y and hooks into the factory steel feed line.

Filter setup:
(2) Filterbases http://www.fleetfilter.com/filter/wix-filter-bases/24770.html
(1) superduty pump, bracket, and harness
(2) factory style quick connects for the pump. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/RNB-800-120/?rtype=10
(2) 1/2 NPT 90*
(4) 1/2 x 1/4" NPT Bushings
(4) 5/16" x 1/4" NPT Hose barbs
Some way to mount all of it. I made my own bracket out of 1/4" plate and 2x2x1/4" angle.

Hose:
1' of 3/8" pushloc. Needed for the Y to the factory feed line.
6' of 5/16" fuel rated hose. I used gates barricade. Needed for filter plumbing.

Also about 15-20 hose clamps.

I think that's about it. All my fittings came from the Parker store. Everything I ordered off line I added the links.

Latest posts

Members online