My little 06 freshen up/non vgt project

slc6oh

Reaction score
Not horrible id say, stock sticks and 4500' elevation... Correction factor usually has us in the 6500' da range. Have yet to "race" anyone, so donno how it compares lol

slc6oh

Reaction score
3b03828fac3ca541a8164e00fcf958f2.jpg

Can only build like 5-6psi standing on the brake so i figured i could prob get away with a 2wd launch.... Nope. Hahah

And looks like my posi is a little lazy

slc6oh

Reaction score
well, been on another thread about tuning / turbo change ideas for a bit, but to consolidate and put on this thread, for anyone that might have read it all..

Ordered reduced fuel TSD tunes just to try over my previous favorite gh tune. and they hit it out of the park first try.... truck hasn't been this right sense going to the 362. SPD tow/daily, I dare say makes as much power as the srl+, but the shift points are all dead nuts on. th button to hold out of or downshift out of 6th works flawlessly and predictable. so far, very happy customer..

still have yet to try the reduced fuel spd but ill get to that. I really see no need though, unless I was planning on going to the track.

03cody

Reaction score
I believe that a different stall in your converter would help with spool. I wouldn't worry about that until yours goes out though haha.

slc6oh

Reaction score
trans **** the bed a month or so back... cooked it at the track trying waaaaay too hard to get it to light at the tree. (full fuel tune was just putting the fire out I think)

picked up a used trans that happened to have a precision triple disc converter on it. paid 500$ and had the converter gone through and stalled up some. while I haven't tried to launch it yet, it feels much better from light to light.

slc6oh

Reaction score
nice! What did you have it re-stalled too?

I Told the shop I wanted 2-2100, they talked me out of it... (they do a lot of the converter work for a few of the big name shops around here)

says while when the converter is locked stall does not matter, its still best to get stall speed before locking up in od to cruise.

so they said they got me to 1900 or so.

have yet to verify though.

its definitely not as tight as stock .

03cody

Reaction score
I Told the shop I wanted 2-2100, they talked me out of it... (they do a lot of the converter work for a few of the big name shops around here)

says while when the converter is locked stall does not matter, its still best to get stall speed before locking up in od to cruise.

so they said they got me to 1900 or so.

have yet to verify though.

its definitely not as tight as stock .

That's not too bad I guess. I don't claim to know anything about transmissions but my DPC quad disk is stalled to either 22 or 2400 and It lights my turbo super easy (still vgt) and it doesn't feel loose by any means.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slc6oh

Reaction score
That's not too bad I guess. I don't claim to know anything about transmissions but my DPC quad disk is stalled to either 22 or 2400 and It lights my turbo super easy (still vgt) and it doesn't feel loose by any means.

agree. I do otr heavy diesel engines all day every day. (Detroit diesel) you put a transmission in front of me, you might as well be speaking Chinese.

so, reputable shop recommended a bit lower, that's what I went with. I have zero credible knowledge... who am I to question them I guess. haha

03cody

Reaction score
agree. I do otr heavy diesel engines all day every day. (Detroit diesel) you put a transmission in front of me, you might as well be speaking Chinese.

so, reputable shop recommended a bit lower, that's what I went with. I have zero credible knowledge... who am I to question them I guess. haha

Haha that's exactly my thing too. I just operate heavy equipment. Dave ferguson built mine and that's just comes with the trans so I figured he knew better than I did.

Honestly I can't even tell the difference. I'd imagine since you're non vgt that the difference in converters is more pronounced