My s475 winter project

Bushwood_6.0

Reaction score
Well I think I might just might be able to get 11s on the street tune. 7.72@87 was my best pass of the day. I think on a perfect day I could crack 11s in STREET tune especially because this is more of a big end charger. So I'm very please we how I ran down here at rudys. Last couple passes I kept blowing my wastegate lines off so could only build 30lbs and had trouble spooling so i just easied down the track. But all in all very happy.

Bushwood_6.0

Reaction score
Haha idk about tens yet maybe after I put rods and pistons in it. Honestly may just keep it in the street tune for awhile. Compared to jesses 06 shop truck I was only 2 tenths off him with that race tune in his. With basically same charger but he had bigger fuel.

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
Seems to run pretty damn well. Load the race file up and let it rip. Curious to see what boost you see on the race file. Mine sits at right about 50psi or so. Mine is also not gated. Why don't you try keeping the gate shut or blocking it off and see how it does like that? Shouldn't really need it on fuel only.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Seems to run pretty damn well. Load the race file up and let it rip. Curious to see what boost you see on the race file. Mine sits at right about 50psi or so. Mine is also not gated. Why don't you try keeping the gate shut or blocking it off and see how it does like that? Shouldn't really need it on fuel only.

agreed. awesome numbers man.

Bushwood_6.0

Reaction score
agreed. awesome numbers man.

Thanks guys. yea I'm very very happy with how it's running so far and I want to see what it does in the 1/4 in this tune before I load the race file. You can hear the trans not locking up and people laugh when I tell them it's still on the street tune and don't believe me. But what if i just turn the boost controller all the way wide open will that do te same?

swinky

Reaction score
Thanks guys. yea I'm very very happy with how it's running so far and I want to see what it does in the 1/4 in this tune before I load the race file. You can hear the trans not locking up and people laugh when I tell them it's still on the street tune and don't believe me. But what if i just turn the boost controller all the way wide open will that do te same?

Same as the race tune? Lockup will still be much different, if that's what you're asking.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
I don't know about messing with the boost controller. Mine isn't gated and the only experience I have with gates is watching my buddy adjust his slightly on his compound 6.4 on the dyno. Even with the race file a lockup switch wouldn't hurt. Lock it up early and consistent with the switch. Just don't lock it up in first gear. If you want to know what happens then I can share some carnage pics... but on a serious note the lockup switch really helped get my truck moving out quicker. It also seems to shift more consistently if I manually lock the converter. Once the converter is locked the 5r seems to get a lot less confused... LOL. This makes me want to get off my ass and actually spend a day fixing my 4x4 so I can hit the track!

Bushwood_6.0

Reaction score
I don't know about messing with the boost controller. Mine isn't gated and the only experience I have with gates is watching my buddy adjust his slightly on his compound 6.4 on the dyno. Even with the race file a lockup switch wouldn't hurt. Lock it up early and consistent with the switch. Just don't lock it up in first gear. If you want to know what happens then I can share some carnage pics... but on a serious note the lockup switch really helped get my truck moving out quicker. It also seems to shift more consistently if I manually lock the converter. Once the converter is locked the 5r seems to get a lot less confused... LOL. This makes me want to get off my ass and actually spend a day fixing my 4x4 so I can hit the track!
Yea I got talking to my guy about a lock up switch as soon as I got off the track haha. That's probably my next upgrade. And I read your post about locking it to soon lol second gear is when is hit it.

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
Yea I got talking to my guy about a lock up switch as soon as I got off the track haha. That's probably my next upgrade. And I read your post about locking it to soon lol second gear is when is hit it.

Yeah, I practiced launching it like 5-6 times on the street near MPD the day I broke it. First two passes went smooth as can be with the lockup switch. 3rd pass I got a little exited and hit the switch right off the line... BAD news bears... It was gnarly lol. Just gotta remember to wait a hot second to flip the go switch

swinky

Reaction score
Yeah, I practiced launching it like 5-6 times on the street near MPD the day I broke it. First two passes went smooth as can be with the lockup switch. 3rd pass I got a little exited and hit the switch right off the line... BAD news bears... It was gnarly lol. Just gotta remember to wait a hot second to flip the go switch

That was some nice carnage that day. How do you guys think the lock up switch helps in a race file? Just consistency?

Bushwood_6.0

Reaction score

I could imagine haha I've had practice with the nitrous switch from last year, it took everything I had to wait til second gear lol. But no nitrous for awhile this year, I like my rods straight and to stay in the block. But yea I'm for sure getting a lock up switch now I've just decided. I couldn't imagine the feeling you had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
That was some nice carnage that day. How do you guys think the lock up switch helps in a race file? Just consistency?

I think consistency. IMO 5r's with the best build and the best tuning still occasionally will freak out when you launch the truck. Every once in awhile mine will just decide not to shift at WOT from a stop. If the converter is locked it always shifts.

I could imagine haha I've had practice with the nitrous switch from last year, it took everything I had to wait til second gear lol. But no nitrous for awhile this year, I like my rods straight and to stay in the block. But yea I'm for sure getting a lock up switch now I've just decided. I couldn't imagine the feeling you had.

Got that yee yee feeling when hitting the lockup switch. Last time I hit the go juice button on the street it ended with a blown up intercooler lol

Bushwood_6.0

Reaction score
I think consistency. IMO 5r's with the best build and the best tuning still occasionally will freak out when you launch the truck. Every once in awhile mine will just decide not to shift at WOT from a stop. If the converter is locked it always shifts.

Got that yee yee feeling when hitting the lockup switch. Last time I hit the go juice button on the street it ended with a blown up intercooler lol

I might just use it to help spool up if it's taking to long but I'll leave it off other then that. What did you use for the lock up switch?

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
Can't help you on wiring tho. Kris from mpd wired it into the PCM. I just wired in the switch to ground like I was told to do.

Latest posts

Members online