My System.

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
I figured I would share my system with you guys. Kinda bored here and just wanted to share. I dont have access to a good camera where im at so I dont have any pics (yet) sorry.

-Standard Cab Truck
-Bench seat, only moves forward and back.
-2 Kicker Comps 10'' mounted in seperate sealed boxes behind seat. One on each side.
-1 Kenwood 1000 watt, 350 rms, turned just about all the way up and mounted in the middle of the 2 boxes on the back wall of the cab. Amp is fan cooled.
-Kicker 6x8's in the corners of the cab.
-Kicker 6 1/2's in the doors.
-Kenwood head unit. dont know specific name but it was one of kenwoods better units before going up to a screen. usb, ipod, aux, XM, Bluetooth, cd, mp3, ect.

And that about sums it up. I had a few friends with systems, one of which has a very 'big' system and he really knows his stuff. Which got me into it.

Now my system, amp and sub combo wise, is a very cheap and straight forward set up. But everyone and I mean everyone tells me I have the cleanest and most hard hitting set of 10's that they have ever heard. So I guess I did something right. :thumbsup:
Maybe this will help someone put together a good system in their standard cab truck.:rockon:

jdc753

Reaction score
Sounds good man!! Seems the cheap simple setups are always great, I know I was very happy with my first setup which was very similar to what you listed. Seems beyond that you're never happy because your always chasing that next level.

Only thing I must critique on though,

-1 Kenwood 1000 watt, 350 rms, turned just about all the way up and mounted in the middle of the 2 boxes on the back wall of the cab. Amp is fan cooled.

I am guessing by this your meaning the Gain is "turned all the way up" this is generally a bad practice but a very common practice. Even I have been guilty of this back in the day, and killed 1 of my 10's due to it.

The Gain knob is not a power or volume adjustment, it may sound like its getting louder and hitting harder but you are greatly increasing your chances of blowing the subs through clipping. Clipped signal at even only 50w could kill your subs. Just a tip is all, the gain or level input adjustment should be adjusted to match the input signal from the HU (RCA out voltage)

When you get a chance to take some pics post em up I would love to see em.

David S.

Reaction score
Sounds like my first standard cab system, except mine were 12's. Once you get more room the system gets bigger!!

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
Sounds good man!! Seems the cheap simple setups are always great, I know I was very happy with my first setup which was very similar to what you listed. Seems beyond that you're never happy because your always chasing that next level.

Only thing I must critique on though,

I am guessing by this your meaning the Gain is "turned all the way up" this is generally a bad practice but a very common practice. Even I have been guilty of this back in the day, and killed 1 of my 10's due to it.

The Gain knob is not a power or volume adjustment, it may sound like its getting louder and hitting harder but you are greatly increasing your chances of blowing the subs through clipping. Clipped signal at even only 50w could kill your subs. Just a tip is all, the gain or level input adjustment should be adjusted to match the input signal from the HU (RCA out voltage)

When you get a chance to take some pics post em up I would love to see em.
Thanks man for the info and good words. Now there are 3 different knobs on my amp. One is bass boost, another is a db knob or something of that nature and the third one im not sure on. I would have to go look with a mirror because the way its setup I would have to take off the faceplate of the amp to access the knobs.

I would love to be able to upload pics on here. But my computer for some stupid reason doesnt recognize the iTouch (my only form of a camera other then the horrible cam phone) when I plug it in.
Sounds like my first standard cab system, except mine were 12's. Once you get more room the system gets bigger!!

Haha yeah 10s is literally the biggest I could fit. Well Im sure I could fit bigger, but I didnt make my boxes, I bought them. And they are actually very big. I could prolly fit 12s in them with some cutting. And I think I would be able to fit 12s once that worked. But for now I like it just the way it is. Its pretty much perfect.

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Dual voice coils? How many ohms? Post up links to your subs and amp

7.3psd97444

Reaction score

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Sorry i was axious(sp)

Ok so without going into great detail...Your pushing 170w to a speaker that can only handle 150w. If you keep the gain up, Your WILL blow them quite quickly. Maybe not even quickly as they maybe a tiny bit underratted but they'll blow wayy before you want them to.

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. But I know for a fact that I have all 3 dials set down at least 3 notches from the "highest". Because I knew my amp was a little strongre then the subs are made to handle.

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
Yeah I like them alot. First off got them for the super cheap price and because I knew the name, But now I think Ill go with their stuff even on bigger systems in the future.

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
There good for cheap beatdown. But if your going big...kicker isnt the answer.