My System.

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I assumed when you said go big you wanted it to sound good to

SoCalPSD

Reaction score
I ran 2 JL12w6 in my frontier and it hit stupid hard. Could see the back window bow every time it hit. Took it to my friends shop to add another amp and when he was tuning everything it pushed the back window out. I think i replaced the back window 3 times begot i sold it.

I have 3 kicker 8L7 in my truck now and it does just fine for me. Not to much but just enough. Imo nothing could come close to a JLw6/7 in sound.

SoCalPsd-Corey

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Kickers arent really for that though. They are for beat down. Like hard hitting crap. Noot really good at all for quality sound.

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
Right on.

Question. Friend told me I could take like say an LED light strip that had simply a power and ground wire coming off it. Mount the light whereever and hook the power wire up to the power inlet for the sub on the box. then ground the ground wire obviosly. and that this would make the LED light strip flash everytime the subs hit...Is this true??

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Its a little device that you hook your lights into to make them flash to the beats. It has a sound sensor and at a certain point when the device is triggered it will power the lights. I was gonna give you mine but i cant find it. I had it in my black truck but its probably lost forever. lol Let me find you a link. Cause lets think...if you hook lights to a sub if they even light up they will stay on when the sub has power. Well the sub usually always has power pulsating to it even if its minimal. So youll have lights that stay on and flash during a bass pause but not dance to the music so to speak,

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
Its a little device that you hook your lights into to make them flash to the beats. It has a sound sensor and at a certain point when the device is triggered it will power the lights. I was gonna give you mine but i cant find it. I had it in my black truck but its probably lost forever. lol Let me find you a link. Cause lets think...if you hook lights to a sub if they even light up they will stay on when the sub has power. Well the sub usually always has power pulsating to it even if its minimal. So youll have lights that stay on and flash during a bass pause but not dance to the music so to speak,

I see what your saying, so yeah riggin it to the subs would be dumb. even if it lights them that wouldnt really look good. I would love a link I have a advance right here by my school. And bro you dont gotta give up yours put it in your truck! lol

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I put my lights on a switch now, I have a lot more lights in my SD than my black truck so at night time its just to much to be flashing. So i put them on a switch to turn on whenever....I usually use street glow but the link is for amazon Advance's search system is wierd. If they still carry interfaces it will say music interface, probably be in a blue package and over by the l.e.d. interior lighting...i was told though they were dropping the line but they may still have it. Just go check or ask them.
http://www.amazon.com/Streetglow-ANMI2-StreetGlow-Music-Interface/dp/B0002SA01O

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
right on man sounds good. Ill check it out. I like lighting. long as its done right and not stupid. I just did some 8 inch red led strips under my dash on my red OBS. got them to a switch. and the look real good. Next thing Im trying is putting some under the bed rails to light up th ebed of the truck red. I got it planned out to where no wires or lights themselves will be seen. Just the light created from the lights. I always like messing with wires. so this crap is fun for me. plus im a perfectionist so it looks real factory.

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
right on man sounds good. Ill check it out. I like lighting. long as its done right and not stupid. I just did some 8 inch red led strips under my dash on my red OBS. got them to a switch. and the look real good. Next thing Im trying is putting some under the bed rails to light up th ebed of the truck red. I got it planned out to where no wires or lights themselves will be seen. Just the light created from the lights. I always like messing with wires. so this crap is fun for me. plus im a perfectionist so it looks real factory.

sound awesome man! might have to steal some of your ideas :D

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk while smacking cummings owners in the 6 whore

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
sound awesome man! might have to steal some of your ideas :D

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk while smacking cummings owners in the 6 whore

Go right on ahead! Your avatar truck looks sick. I think some red interior lighting would be nice in that thing.

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
You cant even see my lights or wires....factory win haha

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
Go right on ahead! Your avatar truck looks sick. I think some red interior lighting would be nice in that thing.

heck yea. thanks! I love it.. wishin recon still made the superduty door sills in red..

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
You cant even see my lights or wires....factory win haha
haha ahh I see
heck yea. thanks! I love it.. wishin recon still made the superduty door sills in red..

Yeah I remember seeing those in the magazine ads. Those were pretty cool. After doing my under dash lights I would highly suggest it. I have red ones and they are bright and light up the whole floorboard. And on top of that they dont bother me at all driving. Besides, I got them on a switch anyway. Long as you make sure the actually LED bulbs are not visable, It works and looks great.

Latest posts

Members online