My windshield is singing me a tune!

Jelly Role

Reaction score
This damn truck is fixin' to drive me straight to the puzzle factory. When I'm haulin' ass out on the highway, this crazy queef noise keeps squawkin' from the front glass! Anybody got a cure for that dumb c?

sootie

Reaction score
replace the windshield seal. unfortunately requires changing the windshield too.

Jelly Role

Reaction score
Sheeeeeeit. How much that run? I was thinkin' about slapping some Vasoline in the crack there and hope it shut it up. Warranty cover it?

superstroked

Reaction score
I used tape in various places until I got it to stop and then kept making the tape smaller until I narrowed down where it was. Then I put a very thin bead of rtv down..worked from then until i traded it in

Reaction score
Sheeeeeeit. How much that run? I was thinkin' about slapping some Vasoline in the crack there and hope it shut it up. Warranty cover it?

No, warranty did not cover it as I was outside of the bumper to bumper warranty. I actually ran the scenario by my insurance company as I have coverage on my windshield. They approved it and all I had to pay was my $100 deductable. Not to bad to fix the problem that had been driving me crazy for almost a year!!

Reaction score
@ superstroke - I like where your head's at. $.78 worth of tape and RTV leaves me $99.22 to spend on Miller Lite! :toast:

I tried what superstroked did before I went with my last resort of changing the windshield and seal. I could not isolate the exact location as it seemed like no matter where I put the tape it never made it any better. I wish I could have had the extra $99.22. Although I sure wouldnt have bought Miller Lite with it. Im a Busch Light man, I keep it classy :pint:

BK39

Reaction score
Spray a bubbly soap/glass cleaner real heavy around the edge of the glass on the outside, use air compressor on inside and go around the window(be sure to regulate the air pressure). The glass cleaner should bubble up when you hit your leak.

Jelly Role

Reaction score
Well, a couple of you were spot on. I did the bubble blower test and got close enough to slap down the RTV and tape. So far so good. Sure glad I went that route and saved the cash. Appreciate the help.

@builttough - Hear ya on the Busch Lights. My girlfriend loves em, and she's a real classy lady too.

6.4BeastStroke

Reaction score
I had the windshield in my 2010 replaced for the exact same issue. It was a high pitched squeal. Apparently they are still having the same problems. Windshield is nice and quiet now.

Latest posts

Members online