Need a willing member to do some camshaft testing...

Straubtech

Reaction score
Yes, I can understand that.
Do you have a 6.0L engine to see the heads, and how restrictive the flow path is into the cylinders themselves?
Having roller cams is a huge advantage over common non roller cams.
The events can start sooner, and stay open longer, while still closing quick enough to prevent too much overlap.
I have had extreme drive pressure issues with every turbo I have ever tried with a stock cam, and a stage 2 cam.
What I don't like to see, is soot insde the intake manifold itself. This is telling me that the exhaust valves are still open when the intakes are starting to open...as the soot is not in the intake piping at all.

I have a few 6.0L heads and yes the port architecture is "challenging" to say the least. Roller cam, wheel diameter, and cam core size are all huge advantages that the Powerstroke family enjoys.

Talking to the shop owner last night confirmed my thoughts on a few aspects of the cams that are being produced and you finding of the soot inside the intake would support this.

Just running some numbers last night, a cam change in these engines with stock flowing heads and no machining to pistons for valve reliefs I am comfortable saying that over anything out there right now there is another 70HP and 130# of power to be had. Over the stock OEM cam, 120HP and 230# ft with cam only change.

I will be at the Rudy's Diesel show on Oct. 9th and 10th if anyone wants to come by and talk about "brains".

Straubtech

Reaction score
Any interest in the 6.4L? mine will be coming apart this winter.

The Shop that contacted me has both a 6.0 and a 6.4L that we are going to work with. I would be interested though. Some may think 1 deal is just luck. If success if found a few times, it may make a bigger impact.

Extended Power

Reaction score
I have a few 6.0L heads and yes the port architecture is "challenging" to say the least. Roller cam, wheel diameter, and cam core size are all huge advantages that the Powerstroke family enjoys.

Talking to the shop owner last night confirmed my thoughts on a few aspects of the cams that are being produced and you finding of the soot inside the intake would support this.

Just running some numbers last night, a cam change in these engines with stock flowing heads and no machining to pistons for valve reliefs I am comfortable saying that over anything out there right now there is another 70HP and 130# of power to be had. Over the stock OEM cam, 120HP and 230# ft with cam only change.

I will be at the Rudy's Diesel show on Oct. 9th and 10th if anyone wants to come by and talk about "brains".

That sounds great!
Can't wait for results!

swinky

Reaction score
Well at least I am getting some interest on here. Simply put, the cam is the brain of the engine, you want a dumb brain or a smart brain. The time the valve is held open and the how far the valve is opened is determined by operating rang, engine specs, and flow ability of both induction and exhaust.

I will be at Rudy's on Oct 9th and 10th in Piedmont if someone want to stop by. If not my contact info is on my site.
I'd like to chat at rudys. Just one thing I'll say is keep our notoriously weak lifters in mind

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Yeah you guys make good stuff. Not really questioning your work at all.

Its ok I didn't take it like that at all just letting guys know how things have been working for us. We get a lot of calls asking so since I do not get much time on here just figured I would let ya guys know is all. :)

Straubtech

Reaction score
Morel starts with Eaton body the is made in Mexico. The axle and wheel is Morels. The body is shipped to Cleveland OH where the valving is installed and the lifter is assembled. One difference between Morel and others is that each lifter, 100%, are leak tested. Morels leak down rate is slower than the OEM std keep the lifter from pumping up.

Morel has been in business over 7 decades. They are a Tier 2 supplier to the OEM's. I have shipped there product since 1998. Literally I have sold thousands of sets of lifters from them for gas applications. There lifters run in NASCAR, NHRA Top Fuel, NHRA Top Alky, WoO, and many other forms of racing. There hyd roller lifters will make sustained power to 7500 rpm in BBC valve train engines. This old world craftsman type company builds the very best that money can buy.

Oil Field Trash

Reaction score
The Shop that contacted me has both a 6.0 and a 6.4L that we are going to work with. I would be interested though. Some may think 1 deal is just luck. If success if found a few times, it may make a bigger impact.

Ok i will PM you. I am in the process of gathering parts for a Work Stock puller/ street/ everyday cruser. Shooting for 850hp+

Morel starts with Eaton body the is made in Mexico. The axle and wheel is Morels. The body is shipped to Cleveland OH where the valving is installed and the lifter is assembled. One difference between Morel and others is that each lifter, 100%, are leak tested. Morels leak down rate is slower than the OEM std keep the lifter from pumping up.

Morel has been in business over 7 decades. They are a Tier 2 supplier to the OEM's. I have shipped there product since 1998. Literally I have sold thousands of sets of lifters from them for gas applications. There lifters run in NASCAR, NHRA Top Fuel, NHRA Top Alky, WoO, and many other forms of racing. There hyd roller lifters will make sustained power to 7500 rpm in BBC valve train engines. This old world craftsman type company builds the very best that money can buy.

Are these lifters you are describing what you will be using in these cam swaps?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
are they still a hyd lifter?

Im interested in cam testing results. I have felt forever that there hasn't been enough R&D put into them. On gassers cam selection is everything. "turbo" cams come to mind.

plus lets make one sound like a cammed big block... that would be cool lol

swinky

Reaction score
are they still a hyd lifter?

Im interested in cam testing results. I have felt forever that there hasn't been enough R&D put into them. On gassers cam selection is everything. "turbo" cams come to mind.

plus lets make one sound like a cammed big block... that would be cool lol
Mine sounds like that already. Custom 40 volt ficm lopes its ass off.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Straubtech

Reaction score
I will have lifters with me at the Rudy's Event on the 9th and 10th. Stop by the vendor booth. I have also been contacted by board sponsors and the lifters will be available from them.

The cam is the brain of the engine. No matter gas or diesel we are dealing with an air compressor. The valve events are the key component to feed and exhaust the air compressor for its size and for its rpm range. It is math. Based on the amount of air the heads can flow in and out to accomplish this will determine the amount of time (duration) and area (lift) it takes.

Latest posts

Members online