Need Advise on Fuel please

sandpiperx

Reaction score
Hello

Next step in my madness for this truck is to redo the Hp fuel system.

I wanted to find out what parts I need to start gathering to accomplish this. I want to be able to set this up not so much to make stupid power. some increase would be nice and will happen in the future, But mainly looking to bulletproof more and keep things as reliable as possible. Any input would help.

thanks in advance and have a great day.

ea407df6-2b35-43a1-bbfa-34c7e2f299f2_zps8a4c8328.jpg

sandpiperx

Reaction score
Stock At this point. deleted DPF and Egr is out. spartan tuned at 210. just starting to budget for the next wave of upgrades. It will get a build UP (cab off)at a later date but want to accomplish as much as I can before I get there.

Have a great day
m

madman1234509

Reaction score
I wouldn't be concerned with your high pressure fuel system if it doesn't have any issues. Ugrading it is one thing, but really the only upgrade is twin pumps, which isn't needed unless you plan on putting injector tips on it. If I were you I'd just keep saving your money and do head studs when the time comes. Its not cheap and little things add up while you're in there (new lifters, gaskets, machining etc) . A low pressure system would be needed prior to adding twin pumps as well. There isn't so much of an increase in power when upgrading the low pressure system, it's just a good way to ensure the high pressure pump is not being starved when it sees high duty cycle, which could cause premature failure

Beautiful truck btw, love the color

sandpiperx

Reaction score
thanks for the Kudos. all the exterior stuff is almost done. now turning to the drive line. I have the budget for the studs and working on parts to go with that go with that upgrade also. I am focused on getting the truck to have all the power and reliability for mainly pulling a 35 ft trailer with some to spare. It only ever see's beach sand and trails a couple of times a year. I will have it till it comes apart. and even when that happens it will just get rebuilt. just want to have later than sooner.

Life is good have a great night.....m

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.