Need an upgraded hpop

TyCorr

Reaction score
I hope you're 100% sure that it's entrained moisture accounting for the milky oil. That's damned near a death knell to me.

Yea. If you really wanna hear what happened, ill tell ya.

Had somebody helping me the one day. We put.the motor back in and were removing.valve covers to yank glow plugs out to clear the cylinders. We were putting the plugs back in and he put the pass side vc on and stuck two bolts in the.top. Didnt tighten.them. The black "tray" that the wires hang in under the cowl, is broke on mine from the chain on the.engine hoist rubbing against it. That thing runs water out to the fenderwells should it sneak by tye gasket on the hood. Anyway, the pass side was sitting there, hood up, and the water runs off the cowl and drips right on the top.edge.of the valvecover. I pulled that cover and it had orange film on the bottom edge of the head where water pooled. I sucked it out, wiped everything down with a rag soaked in penetrating oil. Sprayed wd40 down the glowplug holes. Cranked it over. Drained the oil pan(water in there) and ran a clean change through it and changed it quickly again. Now the oil is staying translucent. No opacity to it.

I think ill be fine honestly.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
im betting you will be just fine ty! run her for 1k miles and change the oil out.... the wheel felt like ir made a pretty good dif in my 38r... i think a 250/200 would do well paired with that stealth pump and currant turbo...

live life full throttle

Reaction score
Ty what injectors are you running now. Personally I wouldn't run over a 250/100 with a 38r I ran that with good icp and fuel system and loved it. Ran cool and pulled like a b$%&# now I run 300/200s with the same turbo run a little faster but wayyyy hotter and smokes a lot. I know this could be takin care of with live tuning but it would be much happier with a bigger turbo. Will have a 468 on mine in a week or two so can let ya know how it acts compared to the 38r

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

ARS267

Reaction score
Well holy ****! A lot more pissing match and still so little info from anybody that has ran any of these pumps. :doh:

Anyway, Update on my 97 with t-500 P.I.S. 230/100s. With updated tunes the pump will drop pressure to 2500ish range with around 60% DC.

My buddies SD with rosewoods 238/100s. Also, dropping down right in the same range as mine.

Overall this has been a good pump. For the price if your not looking for all out HP this is a great option. Another note plans have changed and not going with an srp 1.1 now.

Jonathan Jones is developing his own line of pumps that will be out shortly. He will have a upgraded street pump, a big single or comparable flow wise to srp1 and a all out competition pump. I will be switch to one of the last 2 as soon as they are out.

It was asked earlier the difference in power between 2500psi Vs a pump that will hold 3000psi. I have not saw this on the dyno, but have had experienced people tell me that It could be as high as 30-40hp drop.

On edit. Anybody else concerned with the failures they have been reading about with the srp1.1?

Did some testing on the dyno last week and going from 2300psi up to 2800psi netted me around 35hp.

First run made 494hp at 2300psi. Swapped pumps and ran again with 2800psi and made 527hp. Same day, same dyno, and the runs were made within an hour of each other. This was with some worn out rosewood 238/100's

DocBar

Reaction score
Yea. If you really wanna hear what happened, ill tell ya.

Had somebody helping me the one day. We put.the motor back in and were removing.valve covers to yank glow plugs out to clear the cylinders. We were putting the plugs back in and he put the pass side vc on and stuck two bolts in the.top. Didnt tighten.them. The black "tray" that the wires hang in under the cowl, is broke on mine from the chain on the.engine hoist rubbing against it. That thing runs water out to the fenderwells should it sneak by tye gasket on the hood. Anyway, the pass side was sitting there, hood up, and the water runs off the cowl and drips right on the top.edge.of the valvecover. I pulled that cover and it had orange film on the bottom edge of the head where water pooled. I sucked it out, wiped everything down with a rag soaked in penetrating oil. Sprayed wd40 down the glowplug holes. Cranked it over. Drained the oil pan(water in there) and ran a clean change through it and changed it quickly again. Now the oil is staying translucent. No opacity to it.

I think ill be fine honestly.
Good deal. That's sooo much better than the alternatives.

OldschoolPSD

Reaction score
I have run the BTS dual pump setup and the SRP1.1. I prefer the SRP1.1. Both of them drive the same with my injectors, but the SRP1.1 is less complicated and much more compact.

I have SRP1.1 on two of my trucks. No issues to report on either of them.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Ty what injectors are you running now. Personally I wouldn't run over a 250/100 with a 38r I ran that with good icp and fuel system and loved it. Ran cool and pulled like a b$%&# now I run 300/200s with the same turbo run a little faster but wayyyy hotter and smokes a lot. I know this could be takin care of with live tuning but it would be much happier with a bigger turbo. Will have a 468 on mine in a week or two so can let ya know how it acts compared to the 38r

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I am not going to run a puny nozzle on a hybrid. If the truck gets some 200, 238, or 250s they will have 200% nozzles. If a 66mm wheel is lacking id make the 38r work somehow. I understand your point related to injectors but you should be able to make 50+ hp more with the 300/200s cooler and cleaner. A 250/100 is a 450hp injector, which is good power,imo.

If I dont revisit a set of.175/80s it'll be a 200 or 238/200.

I have my 250k+ ad's in it now.

Thanks for the advice buddy!

TyCorr

Reaction score
im betting you will be just fine ty! run her for 1k miles and change the oil out.... the wheel felt like ir made a pretty good dif in my 38r... i think a 250/200 would do well paired with that stealth pump and currant turbo...

live life full throttle

Yea, but who would tune it? Im not sure there is anyone to tune it. Im thinking nltd live tuning.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I have run the BTS dual pump setup and the SRP1.1. I prefer the SRP1.1. Both of them drive the same with my injectors, but the SRP1.1 is less complicated and much more compact.

I have SRP1.1 on two of my trucks. No issues to report on either of them.

My thoughts exactly. I knew when the original srp was unveiled it was for me. Its overkill for most injectors which is awesome.

I love how the icp ramps up and doesnt quit. It just continues to pull, and pull, and pull....it almost makes me disregard injector upgrades. I want single shots again though. I just think.with good fueling and superior hpo the injectors are allowed to show their true.colors. Saying it runs good is an understatement. The fuel system quieted the injectors.a lot. Its not the same truck, bottom line.

As for the srp 1.1, I could NOT be happier. The 66mm billet wheel on the 38r, I could not be happier. It did away with that scrubbing whistle that the 38r is known for. The fuel system is earning smiles too. It is just a nice, well put.together supporting mod that makes the truck run.smoothly. I am totally in love with the 5" mbrp straight exhaust. Its LOUD during acceleration but once cruising, if you select a low fueling tune the drone is non-existant. No ricer tip on it either. Just black pipe.

Im getting this thing.where I want it. Im afraid the lift is gonna make its exit soon, as Ive been researching campers and fifth wheel wise its kinda tall without lifting the trailer too. 3" and 35s with a 175/80 or 238/200 would be a good setup I think.

OldschoolPSD

Reaction score
I'm stock height on 33's with 4.10's and my truck hauls ass. I never understood lifting a truck that you want to go fast in...

TyCorr

Reaction score
I did it because the truck.was worked off.road. From purchase until two years ago.

Cruising at 70mph I bet you're cranking a few more R's than Id like to. The 35 is pretty good with 3.73s.

To.each his own but Im.sure that truck is.quick. Where and how do you use it?

OldschoolPSD

Reaction score
I use it for regular driving around, pushing snow, and occasionally pulling a trailer grossing around 20k. Its basically a backup truck/toy for me.

I'm at 2100rpms at 70 and I get around 20mpg like that. The truck drives so much nicer with 4.10's than it ever did with 3.55's. Overdrive was useless towing before unless you wanted to run 75mph+. Now it hums right along at 70 and if I need the passing power the boost is instant. It took half a second off my 1/4 mile time as well.

Its time for tires again and I think I'll be going with 285/70/17 Goodyear silent armors on 17x9 eagle 589's. They are a half inch taller than what I have now and 1.5" narrower which should help the fuel mileage and help grab harder when pushing snow. Should save some unsprung weight too which is always good.

Last edited:

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Yea, but who would tune it? Im not sure there is anyone to tune it. Im thinking nltd live tuning.

ummmm, HELL YES!

We will fine tune ANY combo you bring in!!!!

You will leave TOTALLY happy or we won't let you leave!!!!!!

was basically gonna tell him the same thing...

ty.... if you do go with live tunes, it would be more for your benefit to take the camper/rv/fifth wheel(when you get one) along with you... thats one thing i wish i would have done is hooked the dually to a heavy trailer while Johnathan was in the passenger seat with me.....

live life full throttle

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Really love the two tunes I have from No Limit...

I am also very happy towing with a 4" lift and 37's...

Latest posts

Members online