Need FuelLab or Aero system!

Snoop

Reaction score
I've been through 3 air dogs And now 2 brand new FASS systems that won't hold prime. It's kind of ridiculous that a brad new FAsS won't hold prime. I've re-plumbed everything 3 times. I have a sump. I'm sick of dealing with these pumps with built in return lines when I already have a return line coming off the heads. Can someone please point in the direction to get setup with a A1000 or fuel lab pump with filters?

bootcamp

Reaction score
I am seriously thinking about going back to my stock factory set up myself. Its pretty bad when you have keep a spare AD2 pump in your tool box. Could begin to tell you how many pumps I have been thru.

GatorBaitR6

Reaction score
Im running full force 190/100 with a RR and a stock fuel pump so to each their own...

2004 CCSB
DieselShopCT.com

Snoop

Reaction score
Ok so how should my fuel system be routed?

I have a sump, getting the aero, stock fuel bowl, and itp RR.

GatorBaitR6

Reaction score
Regulated return bypasses the stock fuel bowl.... Two regulators trying to regulate doesnt work too yell... Just kinda someone telling their wife how its gonna be... lol... You can get a RR to bypass or just completely delete it... I just left it in there... Check out the vendor on here Driven Diesel for the reg return.... River City Diesel has some to...

2004 CCSB
DieselShopCT.com

Blake

Reaction score
River city diesels 205/100 in my truck And stock pump in my truck. Still holds pressure while pegging a 60psi boost gauge.

Diesel power done right

Snoop

Reaction score
Ain't that the truth. I already have a RR and the stock fuel bowl. Is it ok to leave it the way it is?

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
You have a RR all you need is the filters/ pump and hoses to run it to the bowl. Done

Hellen Keller sent this?

smokedout250

Reaction score
I built my own setup seems to be working fine. I bought an a1000 and a couple filter heads. I'm using a rr from alligator I just changed the fuel supply to the bowl and used there regulator block

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snoop

Reaction score
I don't mind the added filtration up top if that's all it's doing. I'm goin to run a new line from pump to fuel bowl.

amarillo250

Reaction score
Sump to water fuel seperator then into the aeromotive and then into the filter from there on its straight forward. Just make sure you mount the pump as low as possible, easier on the aero.
Please can somebody explain how to make sure the fuelbowl and the RR doesnt fight each other.

Snoop

Reaction score
You are correct. I will be doing that.

On my RR kit, we bypassed the stock regulator and are just using the fuel bowl as filtration. So the only regulator is the new regulated return. Then obviously the pump output is regulated.

ford rules

Reaction score
Fuel systems for these trucks are very simple once you break them down, and it has been covered multiple times here.
I think it would be good to have a sticky for this as its gotta be the most discussed thing in this section.
But basically your gonna either have a sump or draw straw your choice I prefer a sump then use -10 line to a water seperator then pump then fuel filter then use -8 line up to the heads split that using a t or y block to a -6 then out of the heads into the regulator then just -6 for the return line. This will get rid of the expensive factory filters.
Unless you already have the reg return using the stock bowl and everything up to the engine then you would just get the fuel up to the bowl with the -8 line.
Another thing i want to look into is using a stock 6.7 pump, i believe they run around 55-65 psi. Im curious what they flow though... somthing id like to look into.

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
I have an Irate diesel a1000 setup. 305/150 conventionals in my truck and the fuel pressure gauge never moves of 60psi. Oh, and it's quieter than the brand new fass hd's or titaniums or whatever they're called that my buddies have on their big power 6.4's...

dohcter

Reaction score
I'm going to try out a bdp sump to water separator to cat 2 micron filter to stock 6.4 pump to stock 6.0 pump stock fuel bowl to RR return. Im loosing pressure with 155/30s

slc dzl

Reaction score
Doesn't the stock 6.0 pump have a filter and the stock fuel bowl?
I'm curious to why you are filtering with a 2 micron before the pumps?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online