Need Help Guys

Blacksmoke7.3

Reaction score
Ive got a 01 ford f250 kicking my butt. Its bone stock its got new ipr hpop is about 20k miles old and its starts great cold but once its shut off it will start right bak up easily but if you give it id say 30 seconds it takes forever to build oil pressure on the dash gauge and start wtf??? Idk where to begin

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Have you monitored ICP while cranking when it does not start? Also, if ICP is not the issue, check out the EOP sensor on top of the HPOP oil reservoir. I believe it only needs to see 6psi of oil pressure to enable the truck to run, but I could be wrong on that.

golfer

Reaction score
if the LPOP (dummy gauge) on dash isn't coming up within a few engine revolutions, during cranking...then you could have a LPOil issue..OR a HPOil issue.

severe HPOil leaks can actually prevent the LPOPressure from building...

but I'd check LPOP while cranking..if it's not coming up...then start troubleshooting that.

Blacksmoke7.3

Reaction score
just replaced icp sensor it died going down the road that got her going again but still have hard start after twenty seconds. Truck starts awesome while cold. Pulled oil sender out lpop shoots oil out while cranking so i think its good? oil sender was replaced also today. also while under wot hpop never drops below 2800.

Blacksmoke7.3

Reaction score
the hpop was rebuilt too the srp1.1 about 20k miles ago, i wouldnt think it would be the problem if its not dropping at wot

Blacksmoke7.3

Reaction score
well guys i withdraw my conclusion that it isnt dropping and that its performing like its suppose to. i read that srp1.1 should put on 3,800 plus. mine is 2800. and its cutting out at wot think the pump is the problem now! got a email sent to stealth today see what they wanna do i want the pump looked at

Latest posts

Members online