Need help making decision on EGR

TxFireman1972

Reaction score
Looking for some help making a decision. I just won one of these from Performance Machine!!!

http://performancemachinemfg.com/i-...werstroke-complete-egr-cooler-delete-kit.html

The truck has right at 100K miles on it. Trying to decide if I should go ahead do the EGR Delete and a fresh oil cooler now until I'm able to get the parts/money for the studs etc. Or if I should wait until I can do it all at one time. I'm checking a couple of places to see what they would charge me to do the EGR and Oil Cooler. I just don't have the time to do it myself? That should help with my decision, I just can't make up my mind lol.

I already have the updated feed line and drain tube, as well as the updated STC fitting they can do while they are in there.

Would it be worth doing all of that for now and studs down the road? Or shoud i wait till i can do it all? Let me know what you think, I'm just looking for opinions. Thanks!

09stroker

Reaction score
Congrats! My bro just won one of those :thumbsup:
If it were me I would just do it all at once. Gonna have to remove the Intake manifold to get the old cooler out so you would be pretty deep in there already.

D.Downs6190

Reaction score
have you looked at your egr valve if its not full of junk and fairly clean id say you should be ok but if your intake is getting nasty i would go ahead and have it done if your still waiting to have head studs done

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.