Need help on dual rear wheel break job!!

Tjmarino18

Reaction score
Anyone who has done a front break job on a 2000 f350 dually, 7.3, 4wheel drive please help. I have it torn apart to the rotor and hub. It seems to be a two piece hub but when I originally went to the parts store they sold me regular looking rotors. They said they would bolt to my hub, this is my first dually break job. It seems like the studs come through the back of the rotor and my hub bolts to that. So I'm thinking I have the wrong rotors, but I also can't get the nuts off the studs. Please if you have any help with what parts I actually need or help on if the nuts come off let me know.
Thank you I'll try to post pics or I can text a pic of my rotor/hub

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 65

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Dude, put the socket through the hole in the outer hub area and zip off

ghohouston

Reaction score
Use a stubby socket, put it on each nut, put an extension through the hole, and zip em off with the impact... pretty self explanitory

Tjmarino18

Reaction score
Ok got ya thank you guys! Now I just need to figure out do the new rotors come with studs in it? The O'Reilly auto parts guy couldn't find me any that had studs in them so just wondering if I need to go somewhere else to get the right rotors.
Thanks

Atsah

Reaction score
When I did mine, I used a mini sledge on the stud and hit the sledge with another hammer, put the lug nuts on first just even with the end of the stud. About 3 good hits on each one, was all it took. Putting them back in, big pin punch and drive them back in. Didn't peen over any of the ends or flatten the end of the lug nuts either.

They can be a PITA to get out but this will work for ya..