NEED HELP! UPDATING MY SPARTIN

charlie-2

Reaction score
so i decided to update my spartin dash daq to get the new tunes. i formated the sd card and made two files one for transfer and one for stock files i put the new files only in the transfer folder then i think i put the stock files in the stock file folder the folder i moved to it was mm_f008_28. i need help. i cant go into tuning on the dash daq and select a tune. none even show up on the tuning screen. please help i know this question on how to download the tunes comes up often so sorry for that..

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
All you need to do is remove the old "tuning files" folder from the SD card and then add a new "tuning files" folder to the SD card for the new files. No need to change anything else. Leave the stock file folder on the SD card.

charlie-2

Reaction score
awe crap... i did restore like the update said. i do not have the stock files anymore unless this is it..
folder ... mm_f008_28 that has files 7c3aag.mm to stTune.MMD
or
folder... mm_f008_29_hd300 has files 7c3aag.mm to stTune.MMD but has half the files of the mm_f008_28 as in less files.
or
s1l folder.. has 7c3aag.mm to 8c3aca
not sure if any of these have stock on them i have the new tunes in a folde but dont have the stock ones :doh::doh:

then i have the tuning files with 40 to 350 downloaded into a tuning files folder and the phlanxax update that is most current.

if any of this is a help to helping me let me know, sorry about pestering you about this stuff haha but thanks for any help.. :eek:

Worstenemy453

Reaction score
why do the spartan files have the same file names as H&S file names? :confused:

:whs:

I know all H&S hardware is made by Bullydog with H&S Software uploaded instead. Maybe the same "type" of software is used in the dash daq which would mean the names are the same, i would doubt they would work in an H&S product though. Confusing world over there outside of the SCT box.

Last edited:

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
:whs:

I know all H&S hardware is made by Bullydog with H&S Software uploaded instead. Maybe the same "type" of software is used in the dash daq which would mean the names are the same, i would doubt they would work in an H&S product though. Confusing world over there outside of the SCT box.

I kinda doubt it. that's the 300 Hot Damn H&S file for the mini maxx (hence the mm in the front of the file name)

if it were for a black max, it would say bm at the front... if it were for XRT Pro it would start with xp

I find it hard to believe that Spartan is randomly using exact H&S update file names for their products.

And I think I know why he's having trouble updating his Spartan tuner :eek:

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
also, he said the 29 has a lot more files. that's because h&s has all of the factory recovery files bundled into a separate folder with the new update vs. ver 28.

he's trying to load h&s update files on his Spartan for some reason

Worstenemy453

Reaction score
I kinda doubt it. that's the 300 Hot Damn H&S file for the mini maxx (hence the mm in the front of the file name)

if it were for a black max, it would say bm at the front... if it were for XRT Pro it would start with xp

I find it hard to believe that Spartan is randomly using exact H&S update file names for their products.

And I think I know why he's having trouble updating his Spartan tuner :eek:

Good point. :thumbup:

charlie-2

Reaction score
oh man, :doh::doh: im stupid.... i do have one of my trucks tuned with h&s and forgot about my files.... my orginised computer haha.. but hmm that could be the problem those are for my 300 hot damnn and i did send my dpf waver in so i can get stock files. my 550 is spartin tuned... thatnks for the clear up guys and making me feel dumb!:lookaround:

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
it's all good man, I was reading that post and thought those file names seemed awfully familiar!

You're on the right track now :D

charlie-2

Reaction score
haha as soon as someone said somthing about it i was like awwweee crap i know what those are, they are not stock files hahaha. ill get my stock files and put them in a folder on the sd card and the new tunes on a file on the sd card and i should be good to go. screwin everything up with the h&s and spartin, still dont know which one i like better.... hmmm... but thanks alot!:bowfast:

Latest posts

Members online