Need input on making asjustable front links

Mixedbreed

Reaction score
Need input on making adjustable front links

I am taking a chassis fabrication course and it requires me to have a project, I was going to do adjustable three link radius arms but I am having a somewhat of a hard time getting everything together for it.

I need to get 2 inch by one quarter inch wall DOM tubing and Heim joints. The tubing seems to be the hard part so that keeps me from buying the hiem joints and the inserts. what do you guys think with running a smaller tubing but still keep the quarter inch wall? Also do you guys have any inputs as to what I need to look into for the design before I already have measured out where they will attach and I know I'm just going to reuse forwards bushings upfront.

I am not looking to copy any companies designs, I just have to have a project and I already have one up off-road traction bars so I can't build traction bars.

If you have any other ideas that would be awesome to Astonte Volvo make or take welding and something to do with the chassis.

Last edited:

m j

Reaction score
what joints are you wanting to use? the threaded inserts that allow the adjustment are usually made for the ID or 2"x.25", which also fit 1.75"x.120 perfectly
there must be somewhere to buy DOM tubing. I think I paid $600 for a full stick last time I got one

Mixedbreed

Reaction score
Thanks for the link?? Still looking around. I have Fort Collins and denver to go through yet but this place has the right stuff. Awesome!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.