Need motivation

02BigD

Reaction score
Mine has been a mess from day one. It's had a horrible vibration that has cracked 2 trans cases now. I been thru a couple hpop's. you name it I have replaced it in the last year. But right now I can't get my lpop to stay primed I think it's either timing cover or pickup tube I'll replace both as soon as I get time to work on it. Since dad passed in April I have been too busy to work on my truck. And my trans is cracked so that has to be switched to another case while the motor is out. Believe me I know how you feel as far as not being motivated to do it all again. Mine has been apart 2 times too. But don't give up. You and I are probably the only 7.3's in the area capable of making 800hp in a street truck. You have come too far to quit now.

Sooooooo......what's the theory behind the vibration?

Reaction score
Sooooooo......what's the theory behind the vibration?

Well it's a long story of how I found it so I'll leave out a bunch but turns out I have not had the volume of lpo that it needed which caused it to run really rough and shake. It's been at dynoproven who built it trying to track it down for a long time. I went and hauled it home not running about 2 months ago and started working on it myself. The only reason I found it is cause whatever is causing it to lose pressure got worse and it lost lpo. So I pulled my melling pump off and it was worn a little so I got a new one. Put it on and started it and the vibration was completely gone. But when i cut the truck off for any length of time the lpop loses prime. So I'm thinking timing cover or pickup tube are the only things left that has not been checked or replaced. So that's my next step. This truck has been a 7 year long project from Hell!

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
im not a 7.3 guy by any means, but I know what its like to build something, break before you can enjoy it, build it again, it breaks again....its seems for me atleast we couldnt put enough miles on it for an oil change let alone any type of enjoyment out of the red truck, however. 4 years, more then my share of cab offs and motor out, motor replacements, motor rebuilds, injectors and everything else you can imagine, were finally to the point now where we can actually put some miles on the truck and clean it up and drive it a little bit, we have some bugs to work out, but they will get there, but the only motivation I ever needed was remembering how happy we were the first time the truck started up after rebuilding something, or fixing something on it. Im just fortunate for 2 things, I have been able to experience that feeling more than the average guy, and my friends can be paid with beer....

sucks now but when its back on the road, you'll be a happy camper again...

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Thanks. Better than hearing "quit wasting your money". Everybody needs a hobby, better than other "things" to spend money on.

Reaction score
Want a return on your investment like me I assume.

Nope. I'll keep building it till it's right. I don't know about you but my return on my investment will come when I line up beside one of these hundred duramax trucks running around with their maxed out diesel stickers on the windshield. And we are the best thing on the rd and track attitudes. And i take this old noisy 7.3 and just ruin his day. Lol

jtgf250

Reaction score
Hahaha yeah I got a lot of buddies in 6.4s but the 7.3 just has my heart for some reason. I'm between Richmond and Charlottesville.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
I'm gonna need 2 David. What do you recommend for bearings and rings?

Latest posts

Members online