Need pics of Protech Headache rack

Diesel_Brad

Reaction score
I am looking at buying a Protech but want to make sure it will work with my tool boxes. If anyone has one and would get some pics of how it fits the inside of the bed rail, it would be much appreciated

superduty4x4

Reaction score
DSC00657_zpsccb40911.jpg

DSC00655_zps42b63b31.jpg

cheysays7.3!

Reaction score
Brad, looks like they sit right next to the bed rails - not away from the bed like your DeeZee one. Tons of guys have them on their trucks around here, just never decided to take pictures of it.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Same thing I told you over on PSN. They use a 1/4" angle that sits even with the bottom of the bed rail. You will have no issues with your tool boxes.

Bobby@cp

Reaction score
So move your boxes will be 1/4" inward after you install the cab guard.

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
Couldnt u just cut off the angle that pertrudes down over the bed where your tool boxes are.?

how much of a gap do u have between the front of the bed and the fron of your box?

Last edited:

Diesel_Brad

Reaction score
Couldnt u just cut off the angle that pertrudes down over the bed where your tool boxes are.?

how much of a gap do u have between the front of the bed and the fron of your box?

That takes away the strength of the rack, or I would of done that with my DEEZEE one.
I have approx 3/8" gap

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Looking at the box you should be fine. Its 1/4" material and it fits pretty damn tight to the bed rail.

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
That takes away the strength of the rack, or I would of done that with my DEEZEE one.
I have approx 3/8" gap

rodger... didnt relize they ran up that far.if u were to cut the angle off why not weld a gusset in on the top side since u will not be using a saddle box. it should add your strength back.

Latest posts

Members online