Needing more power

dcswetman

Reaction score
The more I drive the weaker my truck feels. With that said its time for more power. Currently running P!P v8 with no limit stage 2. Would like to be in the mid to high 600s. Any ideas? I do plan on get the motor built the end of this year or beginning of next year.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Lots of good options..

6670R and dual fuel will put you around 700hp and allow you to tow, daily drive without any issues, and it looks like stock.

You'll want to run a conservative tune until you have a built engine/transmission.. But even dialed back it'll drive real nice and provide good power, with plenty of room to grow as you add stronger parts.

dcswetman

Reaction score
I've been lookin at post about the 6670r. Seems like a really good option for what I do right now. I would also like to do the trans at the same time mine seems to be on its way out. It's starting to slip fairly often

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
In that case you would be best off getting the transmission done as soon as funds allow.

A built transmission is an underrated upgrade, makes a big difference when you can put all the available power down reliably without fear of what could go wrong every time you go wot

dcswetman

Reaction score
I knew the trans was going to be a issue if not addressed. Just was stuck on streetmaxR or the 6670R. But with my future plans it seems the 6670 would be more cost effective in the long run

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Absolutely, the 6670 will spool and drive well even on stock fuel and it makes sense to do it once since you have bigger plans down the road

maxxedout

Reaction score
I'd love to know how much different a 6670R would drive compared to a StreetMax. I'm on the fence about what to do next to my truck as well.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
I'd love to know how much different a 6670R would drive compared to a StreetMax. I'm on the fence about what to do next to my truck as well.

What are your plans?

Streetmax is good for someone planning never to go inside the engine

6670R can be run on stock engine and fuel, but you won't be using it to its potential.

JRLott

Reaction score
What are your plans?

Streetmax is good for someone planning never to go inside the engine

6670R can be run on stock engine and fuel, but you won't be using it to its potential.

True, but as some like to blather, you wouldn't be running at its max either. :bs: lol. As if we run our trucks at their max 90% of the time.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
True, but as some like to blather, you wouldn't be running at its max either. :bs: lol. As if we run our trucks at their max 90% of the time.

Yeah but you're trading off some spool up and spending more money. you really don't need the bigger turbine unless you have plans to make more power than the streetmaxR is capable of making.

As far as keeping the turbo in its "safe zone" that's up to the tuner not to build some tune where the turbo will be on the ragged edge.

I would argue no one would ever be disappointed if they went straight to the 6670, just don't be upset if it doesn't make huge gains over your buddies streetmaxR because you both are on stock fuel.

dcswetman

Reaction score
I'll get up with you in the coming weeks Mike. I'm working out of town right now gotta get home to get everything in line so I can get the cores. Just wanted to get some opinions of what I should do for the order that I'm doing it in

Jeremy @ No Limit

Reaction score
Hey boss! You aren't far from me! We can meet up and you can check out my setup. I'm right at 650 currently and still on my stock 15 trans (knock on wood). Here's my cell, Give me a call (706)988-6142

dcswetman

Reaction score
Sounds good man. I'm working up in New Jersey until the 2nd week of May or so when I get back I'll have to get up with you. See you have a 706 area code where abouts you live

JRLott

Reaction score
Yeah but you're trading off some spool up and spending more money. you really don't need the bigger turbine unless you have plans to make more power than the streetmaxR is capable of making.

As far as keeping the turbo in its "safe zone" that's up to the tuner not to build some tune where the turbo will be on the ragged edge.

I would argue no one would ever be disappointed if they went straight to the 6670, just don't be upset if it doesn't make huge gains over your buddies streetmaxR because you both are on stock fuel.

Totally agree with you, not that I'd be arguing with most in here with more knowledge than I except in the pursuit of a$$hattery. It was more me attempting to poke fun at the rather consistent bs about taxing a component by running it at max capacity all the time.

My humble opinion...StreetmaxR if keeping stock fuel. More fuel, bigger.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Totally agree with you, not that I'd be arguing with most in here with more knowledge than I except in the pursuit of a$$hattery. It was more me attempting to poke fun at the rather consistent bs about taxing a component by running it at max capacity all the time.

Yep, we're on the same page.

Reaction score

My opinion, StreetMaxR up to and including dual fuel if you want 650 or so. We've been seeing consistent 600's with a 15 pump and another 50-60 hp with dual fuelers.

If you want more than that, 6670R.

Just my 0.02

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JRLott

Reaction score
My opinion, StreetMaxR up to and including dual fuel if you want 650 or so. We've been seeing consistent 600's with a 15 pump and another 50-60 hp with dual fuelers.

If you want more than that, 6670R.

Just my 0.02

Then there's this guy's opinion. You should probably listen to it.

I had forgotten about having another 50 HP in the StreetMaxR with more fuel. IIRC, that puts you within 50 or so of needing to perform a few upgrades to avoid slinging a rod into atmosphere.

One day I hope the CFO is either out of town for a while or stops paying attention to me...I'll be finding out how much fun a StreetMaxR is on stock fuel.

Jomax

Reaction score
Hey boss! You aren't far from me! We can meet up and you can check out my setup. I'm right at 650 currently and still on my stock 15 trans (knock on wood). Here's my cell, Give me a call (706)988-6142

What do you have done to it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts