new 7 inch stacks

dsberman94

Reaction score
In cab noise. Hassle from authorities due to being too loud, no muffler, dirty bed ALL THE TIME, literally you wash it and it's dirty after a pass around the block, hole in the bed that takes an amount of work to fill back in. All the retards and morons who think they're "smokestacks", nope just my exhaust. And then anymore people with stacks are the people who will smoke out an entire roadway for the fun of it and make the rest of the industry look bad.

Last edited:

Cloverleaffarm

Reaction score
Never had any issues with any of my stack setups. I cut my first 5" hole back in 06'.
I run a 1/32" hole in the bottom of my 90* that lets the water drip out without sooty water blowing out after a rain

DieselMater86

Reaction score
Best thing to help with rain is to drill a small hole in the elbow under the bed right underneath the stacks so it can drain. And yea everybody will want you to blow smoke as they say rev it up and such. Cab noise depends on your truck my 95 single cab obs was loud then my 96 excab obs wasn't

79jasper

Reaction score
My 94 sc was quiet as can be inside with the windows closed. But Crack open the rear slider or a door window and you better cover your ears. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Mine has a single and in cab noise is ok at part throttle, real loud at wot, and unbearable with the fifth wheel hooked up. And yes, make sure you have a somewhat clean tune, otherwise you will be that guy. Plus the authorities can determine who blew the smoke much easier than if it was a side exit or dump.

slowcoupe

Reaction score
Be sure to keep the original bed piece you cut out. Makes filling the stack hole back in when/if you ever sell the truck a breeze! Most people aren't a fan of stacks which doesn't bother me in the least as they are easily removed but when you sell the truck no one wants a 5" hole in the bed either.

One thing i noticed with all of my past stacked trucks is even running a 1/32" or similar sized hold in the 90 pipe underneath alot of the soot that gets the cab and bed dirty is the small soot accumulation that come out when firing up after a rain almost like flakes.

In cab noise to me is bearable with a crewcab. Have had 4 single mitre CCLB trucks. Single cab not so much! Just rear exited my RCSB this weekend. Couldn't talk on the phone, talk to people, let alone think at throttle.

Strokin89

Reaction score
In cab noise. Hassle from authorities due to being too loud, no muffler, dirty bed ALL THE TIME, literally you wash it and it's dirty after a pass around the block, hole in the bed that takes an amount of work to fill back in. All the retards and morons who think they're "smokestacks", nope just my exhaust. And then anymore people with stacks are the people who will smoke out an entire roadway for the fun of it and make the rest of the industry look bad.
Stacks are louder than a straight pipe out the back?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
The sou d from stacks seems to travel farther due to the way its discharged. And now that the exhaust is noticeable, you can get hasseled for no muffler easier as the cops seem to know that there aint much room for a muffler with exaust that short. Plus it is a hell of a lot louder going under overpasses and all that.

Strokin89

Reaction score
I have a single cab and 4 inch downpipe to 5 inch y and 5 inch stacks. They came on the truck when I bought it and unfortunately the piece they cut out didnt. The in cab noise isn't that bad really. I am switching to a 5 inch out the back though. Not a fan of the stack look on my truck

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.