New Compressor wheels vs. e99

KPSquared

Reaction score
So, aside from the DS vs RR wicked whistling wheel debate, for my very lightly modded rig is the upgrade worth it? Clay has the early 99 wheel on for like $66. Is triple the price worth it for RR's 6/6 wheel or DS's 5/5?

I have a little surge with my truck now. '01 with BAHF, 4" exhaust, DP tunes, Casserly 160 singles. Just my garbage truck and trailer hauler.

T500 or adrenaline, new Boots, bellowed up pipes. All going on soon.

Just want to know if the new wheel design is really worth the extra pennies for my purposes.

Thanks for the opinions!

CSIPSD

Reaction score
The old style WW is not a performance upgrade... Its a bandaid for surge... Your truck being an E99 truck already has the "WW" type compressor wheel...

Get the RiffRaff wheel and move on. It is a performance upgrade, and will stop surge issues.

97stoker350

Reaction score
Are u refferring to the ww2? If so diesel site deserves the credit for it and I'd order from them. That's also the only wheel upgrade I'd invest in for a stock turbo

mustube

Reaction score
The riffraff wheel is not a ww2, it is a different billet design. That being said I have the ww2 on my truck and I love it.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

KPSquared

Reaction score
Umm...alrighty. I see where this is going. I asked about the recent redesign of compressor wheels available from a couple of companies. I honestly don't give a **** who did the research or who deserves the credit. One has 5 vanes, one has 6. They are both better than the e99 wheel that everyone rebranded copied sold etc.

That's what I was asking. Is it worth triple the price. The more I read the more I figure it is. I'm going to buy Riff Raff's wheel because they have bellowed up pipes and paying shipping to Canada from two different companies sucks.

Feel free to delete this thread.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Are u refferring to the ww2? If so diesel site deserves the credit for it and I'd order from them. That's also the only wheel upgrade I'd invest in for a stock turbo

Completely not correct...

The testing for the RiffRaff wheel and the Dieselsite wheel happened along the same timeline, one just happened to make it to market a few days prior to the other.

RiffRaff has also gone the extra mile to design wheels for ported housings and non-ported housing wheels.

I could go into more testing timelines, but its not needed. Pick which ever wheel you want, but no one was coping anyone!

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Umm...alrighty. I see where this is going. I asked about the recent redesign of compressor wheels available from a couple of companies. I honestly don't give a **** who did the research or who deserves the credit. One has 5 vanes, one has 6. They are both better than the e99 wheel that everyone rebranded copied sold etc.

That's what I was asking. Is it worth triple the price. The more I read the more I figure it is. I'm going to buy Riff Raff's wheel because they have bellowed up pipes and paying shipping to Canada from two different companies sucks.

Feel free to delete this thread.

Everyone is going to protect there favorite however I just want to present facts...

Both wheels work, RiffRaff just offers more options.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I was not aware of the new riff raff design I only knew of the rebranded e99 wheel, and the new diesel site whicked wheel

Standard Billet wheel...

http://www.riffraffdiesel.com/riffraff-diesel-billet-compressor-wheel-94-03/

RDP170293__36799.1376263727.700.700.png

Ported housing Billet wheel...

http://www.riffraffdiesel.com/riffraff-diesel-billet-compressor-wheel-ported-housing/

Billet_Compressor_Wheel_Ported_Housing__63429.1379786572.700.700.png

And just for fun...

430169_174217802753296_1852290943_n.jpg

KPSquared

Reaction score
Ok, I thought this was on it's way to where the last thread I read on this subject was going. I have no issue with either company at all. The "everything from one place" factor is what's deciding this for me now.

T-500, Billet Wheel, Bellowed Up-pipes, new CAC Boots, and a couple other goodies should whip my underhood area into shape. Fortunately I can get all of that in one big order from Clay.

Thanks for the advice Joe. . . I think I just assumed because you posted in my thread drama was about to follow. . .

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Ok, I thought this was on it's way to where the last thread I read on this subject was going. I have no issue with either company at all. The "everything from one place" factor is what's deciding this for me now.

T-500, Billet Wheel, Bellowed Up-pipes, new CAC Boots, and a couple other goodies should whip my underhood area into shape. Fortunately I can get all of that in one big order from Clay.

Thanks for the advice Joe. . . I think I just assumed because you posted in my thread drama was about to follow. . .

Drama?

I have never caused nor instigated any drama anywhere on the internet...

Southmike

Reaction score
So, aside from the DS vs RR wicked whistling wheel debate, for my very lightly modded rig is the upgrade worth it? Clay has the early 99 wheel on for like $66. Is triple the price worth it for RR's 6/6 wheel or DS's 5/5?

I have a little surge with my truck now. '01 with BAHF, 4" exhaust, DP tunes, Casserly 160 singles. Just my garbage truck and trailer hauler.

T500 or adrenaline, new Boots, bellowed up pipes. All going on soon.

Just want to know if the new wheel design is really worth the extra pennies for my purposes.

Thanks for the opinions!

I am intersted in yiur bellowed up oipes going on the e99....dormans dont fit.
and the guy i knew that welded in a set of the mesh tyoe looked gteat but git the same movement wear...due to having the same gasket design...maybe if he cranked down beans brass rings they might have moved less.

Either upgraded billet wheel will give you roughly a 20 hp gain . A slightly quicker spool and a few extra psi. I woukd not be surprised if you lost a few egts as well.

All i all i would say yes ...it is worth 200. If your old wheel has wear then definatly.

I woud also look into barders 360 bearing kit..ir just a rebuild kit at the time of install.
Another option is barders diy d66 kit...but at 700 it woukd be better with an injector swap.

Latest posts

Members online